I discovered this recipe recently during Jamie Eason’s 12 Week Live Fit Program….which is fabulous by the way. If you are new to Clean Eating and want to incorporate a great workout program as well, you should check out her program. I am getting ready to repeat it again because I like it that much. She is kind of my hero.
I believe wholeheartedly that it is impossible NOT get the body you want if you eat clean and do a little weight training. Remember, clean eating is not a diet. It is lifestyle. It is removing the high processed food with all the crazy additives, artificial sweeteners, sugar and preservatives that our bodies just do not need. There are so many benefits of eating clean it’s shocking.
Makes 16 squares
1 cup oat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp all spice
1/8 tsp of nutmeg
1/3 cup liquid egg whites
1/3 cup agave
8 oz of baby food carrots
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease an 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil
Mix all dry ingredients together
In a separate bowl, whisk carrots, agave, egg whites, yogurt, and almond milk.
Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well
Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Store in refrigerator in an air tight container for up to a week.
ENJOY your healthy snack!
Healthy Carrot Cake Bars
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp all spice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/3 cup agave
- 8 oz baby food carrots
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- In a separate bowl, whisk carrots, agave, egg whites, yogurt, and almond milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Store in refrigerator in an air tight container for up to a week.
Adapted from Jamie Eason’s Carrot Cake Protein Bars