This easy Oreo Balls Recipe is simple but scrumptious dessert. Just 3 ingredients is all that’s needed to make this no-bake truffle treat!
My daughter and I have been treat-making girls this weekend. We started with Snowball Cookies, then Snickerdoodle Cookies and then it was on to these amazing Oreo Balls. They are another super easy Holiday treat!
Easy Oreo Balls
These little Oreo Balls are easy, scrumptious truffles that no one can believe are so incredibly easy to whip up.
All you need is a package of Oreo cookies and an 8 oz box of cream cheese. I use 1/3 less fat version. It just makes me feel better. haha! And a semi-sweet chocolate bar to melt for dipping.
I decided to sprinkle these with crushed candy canes to make them more “Holiday” treats. You can leave them off or sprinkle with a little crushed Oreos too.
How to Make Oreo Balls
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper
Crush the oreo cookies in a ziploc bag. I use my handy rolling pin to beat them. (reserve about 3 TBSP to sprinkle with if you are not going to top with crushed candy canes.
Mix the cookie crumbs and cream cheese until blended well.
Shape into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet lined.
Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave according to package. (usually this is at a lower power level and stirring every 30 seconds)
Dip balls in melted chocolate and place on the sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. Use a toothpick for easier dipping and less messy fingers.
Sprinkle with crushed candy canes cookie crumbs.
Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
How Long Do Oreo Balls Last?
Store Oreo Balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. You can also freeze the Oreo balls for up to 2 months. To keep the Oreo balls from sticking together, use parchment paper between any layers you make.
If you like Oreo Balls, try these other Holiday Dessert Recipes too:
Oreo Balls Recipe
- 1 package of OREO Cookies or 40 Oreos finely crushed
- 1 8 oz. package of Cream Cheese softened
- 2 Semi-Sweet Chocolate bars, melted
- Crushed candy canes
- Crush the oreo cookies in a ziploc bag. I use my handy rolling pin to beat mine. (reserve about 3 TBSP to sprinkle with
- Mix the cookie crumbs and cream cheese until blended well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Freeze 10 min.
- Dip balls in melted chocolate and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or waxed paper. Use a toothpick for easier dipping.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
Inspired by Kraft Recipes