Quinoa Tabouli Salad
This Quinoa Tabouli is an easy, fresh salad made with finely chopped vegetables and parsley and mixed with simple lemon and olive oil dressing.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil garlic or herb infused is wonderful to use
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large English cucumber finely diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes finely diced
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions green tops only- thinly sliced
Cook quinoa per package directions
Allow quinoa to cool to room temperature. (to do this quicker, place in a bowl and place in refrigerator for about 15 minutes)
Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Combine carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, herbs, and spring onions in a large bowl.
Add cooled quinoa and dressing and stir well.
Chill in the refrigerator before serving.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 226mg | Potassium: 557mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4875IU | Vitamin C: 35.8mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 3mg