Tomato Basil Soup
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 cups of cooked chicken breast shredded
- 1 cup sweet onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 28 oz can of whole plum tomatoes
- 1 12 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- Parmesan cheese grated (optional)
In a stockpot, add olive oil, garlic and onions and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Stir in stock of choice, tomatoes and diced tomatoes.
Brig to a boil.
Cover pot and simmer for about 15 minutes.
In small batches, add the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
Return the soup to pot and add basil pesto and shredded chicken.
Simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Top with parmesan cheese if desired
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 627mg | Potassium: 597mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 455IU | Vitamin C: 20.2mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 2.4mg