Clean Eating Chicken Vegetable Soup
This clean eating Chicken Vegetable Soup is so hearty and yummy. This recipes makes a large batch for freezing too.
- 4 pound whole chicken
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 pounds bags of frozen mixed vegetables
- 16 ounces bag of frozen green beans
- 16 ounces bag of frozen corn
- 16 ounces bag of lima beans
- 32 ounces can of crushed or diced tomatoes
- 3 tsp or 3 cubes of no sodium chicken bouillon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb ditalini orzo or alphabet pasta, optional
Fill a large stock pot half full of water and place chicken in the water.
Bring water to a boil, then cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
Remove chicken from the water and place in a baking dish to cool.
Add all frozen vegetables, crushed tomatoes and chicken bouillon to the water.
Bring to boil, then cover and reduce to simmer.
Remove chicken meat from the bones and shred into pieces. I do this with my food processor or by hand.
Simmer for 4-5 hours total.
Serve over pasta cooked separately.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 447mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2220IU | Vitamin C: 13.5mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1.9mg