Chicken Chili Recipe
This Chicken Chili Recipe is a specular version packed with fresh ingredients along with 2 secret ingredients that make for extra special flavors!
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium sweet red bell peppers or 1 Red and one Yellow, seeded, cored and diced.
- 2 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon *secret ingredient #1
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes one large can or 2 smaller cans
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes one can
- 30 ounces northern white beans, low sodium preferably (2) 15 ounce cans
- 1 cup beer
- 1/4 cup grated unsweetened chocolate *secret ingredient #2
- Light Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced Scallions
- Diced Avocado
Bake Chicken Breasts in 2 TBSP of Olive Oil at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
Heat 3 TBSP of olive oil in cooking pot. Add the onion and garlic and saute about 10 minutes.
Add the bell peppers and jalapeno peppers and saute another 10 minutes.
Stir in Chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and pepper.
When chicken is done, shred or cut into 1 inch pieces.
Add the chicken, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, beans and beer to the pot and stir to combine.
Simmer over medium heat for about 20-30 minutes.
Stir in grated chocolate.
Garnish with your favorite toppings.
Additional optional garnishes:
Light Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
Grated Cheddar Cheese
Nutritional information does not include optional garnishes. Adjust for those additions.
Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 290mg | Potassium: 1324mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2155IU | Vitamin C: 60.2mg | Calcium: 152mg | Iron: 6mg