Day 11: 30 Days of Clean Eating | The Best Quinoa Pilaf Recipe
This Quinoa Pilaf is a wonderful, healthy side dish to make in place of rice. It's loaded with vegetables and full of flavor.
- 2 TBSP of coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 celery stalks sliced thin
- 6-8 baby carrots sliced thin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water you can also use 1 cup of water and 1 cup of chicken stock for a richer flavor
Heat oil and then add celery, carrots, onion and garlic.
Cook for about 5 minutes until celery and carrots get a little tender. I prefer mine very tender but if you prefer more crunchy veggies you can add your mushrooms now.
Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 - 10 minutes until they reach desired tenderness.
Add 2 cups of water and then 1 cup of quinoa.
Bring to a boil and then reduce to low and cook for 20 minutes.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 739mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2160IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2.8mg