Mexican Chicken Zucchini Skillet
This low carb Mexican Chicken Zucchini Skillet recipe is an easy dish that is made with fresh ingredients. Ready in 30 minutes or less, it's a one pan healthy meal that the entire family will love.
- 1 - 1.25 lbs. boneless & skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 4 fresh garlic cloves minced
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 medium zucchini or yellow squash, diced
- 3 medium bell peppers - different colors diced
- 1 cup organic corn frozen or fresh
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese of choice optional
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add onion, peppers and garlic and saute for about 3 minutes.
Add zucchini, corn and cook for a few more minutes, stirring often.
Place the veggies in a bowl and set aside.
Add chicken to the pan and sprinkle with cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
Cook for approximately 7-8 minutes or until no longer pink in the inside and a little brown.
Once the chicken is cooked through add the veggies back to the pan and stir well to combine.
Add the tomatoes, then cover and cook on low heat for a few minutes. (add cheese now too if desired)
Top with cilantro
Serving: 8g | Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 114mg | Potassium: 573mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2035IU | Vitamin C: 73.3mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1.5mg