Simple Chicken Corn Chowder
This Chicken Corn Chowder is healthy, hearty and extremely simple! Perfect to warm you up on a cold day.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and minced (optional)
- 2 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fat free or 1% milk
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 14 3/4 oz can cream-style corn
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
Heat olive oil in over medium heat in a medium pot.
Add onion and jalapeño. Cook about 10 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
Add the flour and stir constantly for about 1 minute.
Stir in cooked chicken, milk, frozen corn, cream-style corn and pepper.
Bring to a boil and cook about 15 minutes or until thick.
Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 560mg | Potassium: 674mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 535IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 233mg | Iron: 1.4mg