Thai Lettuce Wraps
These Thai Lettuce Wraps are healthy, quick and, most importantly, absolutely delicious! Plus you can have them ready from start to eating in about 20 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or ground chicken for a vegetarian option use chopped mushrooms would be fabulous
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup cabbage chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger grated or 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 4 green onions chopped
- Romaine lettuce
- Hoisin or soy sauce optional
Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
Add ground meat and cook about 5 minutes on medium-high heat until it begins to brown.
Add red curry paste, garlic, diced peppers, cabbage and stir-fry for approximately 3-4 minutes.
Add ginger and basil.
Stir in green onions and toss.
Spoon into pieces of lettuce.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 85mg | Potassium: 392mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2330IU | Vitamin C: 48.2mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 2.4mg