Healthy Quinoa Cakes
These Healthy Quinoa Cakes are a great side dish or as a light lunch with a piece of fruit. Make the optional Yogurt Dill sauce to kick it up even more.
- 2 ½ cups cooked quinoa cooled
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs or gluten free choice
- 4 eggs beaten
- ⅓ cup yellow onion or scallions finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Parmesan or feta cheese
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil for cooking
Yogurt Dill Sauce,optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice
Cook quinoa per package instructions.
Make dill yogurt sauce and set aside.
Then, combine 2 ½ cups cooked quinoa with all other ingredients
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Scoop out ⅓ cup of mixture and form into a ball then press into about a 1 inch patty.
Cook for 5 minutes until the underside is golden brown.
Flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes until this underside is also golden brown.
Serve warm or cold.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 1.1mg