Italian Pasta Salad
This Italian Pasta Salad is so easy to make in just a few minutes with rotini pasta, cucumber, red peppers, tomatoes, olives. Seasoned with a perfect homemade light Italian dressing. It's a must have cold side dish for any BBQ or potluck!
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 whole english cucumber seeded, halved and sliced
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 whole orange bell pepper cored and diced
- 1 whole red bell pepper cored and diced
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 1/4 cup scallions sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Parmesan Cheese optional
- Pepperoni sliced, optional
- Juice of 2 lemons about 1/3 cup
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast for vegan option
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Cook pasta per package directions
Drain pasta and add to a large serving bowl.
Dice and slice all vegetables and add to the pasta.
Mix dressing ingredients in a carafe or mason jar and shake well.
Pour all dressing over top of vegetables
Toss well to coat.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
Substitute penne, farfalle, or fusilli pasta instead of rotini
Substitute nutritional yeast instead of parmesan cheese for a vegan option.
Add pepperoni or Italian salami or pancetta if desired.
Add mozzarella chunks as an alternative or in addition to parmesan cheese.
Spice it up with 1/8 teaspoon of Red Pepper flakes.
Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 291mg | Potassium: 155mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 112IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg