Spinach, Asparagus, Tomato, Feta Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Spinach, Asparagus, Tomato Salad Recipe with tossed with toasted pecans, feta cheese and homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette. A perfect fresh salad for a meal or as a side.
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 1 lb fresh asparagus tough ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or sliced almonds toasted (I heat them in the microwave believe it or not. 1-2 minutes on a paper towel and they are nice and toasty.
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled (more if desired)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Trim the tough ends off of the asparagus and cut into 2 inch pieces.
Add asparagus to the boiling water and boil for approx. 4 - 5 minutes, until just tender and still crisp,
While the asparagus is cooking, fill a medium sized bowl with ice and cold water.
Pour the asparagus into a strainer to drain and then immediately transfer it to the ice water for about 10 seconds. Then drain asparagus again.
Place the baby spinach in a medium sized bowl. Add the asparagus, tomatoes and pecans or almonds.
Drizzle desired amount of vinaigrette over top and toss lightly.Sprinkle with feta cheese. Toss gently again to incorporate.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 81mg | Potassium: 418mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1960IU | Vitamin C: 17.2mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2.3mg