Spinach Quiche Muffins
These healthy little spinach quiche muffins are easy to make ahead and just heat them up each morning. Have along with oatmeal for a great clean eating breakfast.
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 cups of fresh baby spinach 1 cup if you don't prefer lots of spinach
- 7 eggs or 1 3/4 cup of egg whites or egg substitute. I like to use more egg whites for a much healthier version of 1 3/4 cup of liquid egg white and 1-2 whole eggs
- 8 oz package baby bella or white mushrooms sliced or diced small
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper optional
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion optional
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice optional I love a little feta sometimes.
- Pepper to taste
- You can really add whatever you'd like to these. Ground turkey sausage bacon, Asparagus, broccoli, etc. Be creative.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Heat coconut oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
Saute the mushrooms (and onions and peppers if using) for about 5-6 minutes
Then add the spinach and cook for about 4 more minutes or until tender.
Drain the excess liquid very well.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until combined. Add the cooked mushrooms, spinach, onion, red pepper and cheeses (if using) and mix well.
Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin tin.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Store in the refrigerator or freeze. Just pop them in the microwave when you're ready to eat them.
Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 164mg | Vitamin A: 740IU | Vitamin C: 5.6mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 0.7mg