These healthy little Spinach Quiche Muffins are easy to make ahead and just heat them up each morning. Have along with oatmeal for a great clean eating breakfast.
SPINACH QUICHE MUFFINS
As some of you may know, one of my favorite breakfast choices is this egg white scramble. Well, I decided instead of making it every single morning, I would save some time and turn them into these great little Spinach quiche muffins that I make on Sunday.
I can just heat them up quickly and have along with my oatmeal.
SPINACH QUICHE MUFFIN INGREDIENTS
1 TBSP coconut oil
2 cups of fresh baby spinach (1 cup if you don’t prefer lots of spinach)
7 eggs or 1 3/4 cup of egg whites or egg substitute. (I like to use more egg whites for a much healthier version of 1 3/4 cup of liquid egg white and 1-2 whole eggs)
1 8 oz package baby bella or white mushrooms, sliced or diced small
1/4 c. finely diced red bell pepper, optional
1/4 c. finely diced onion, optional
1/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice, optional I love a little feta sometimes.
Pepper to taste
You can really add whatever you’d like to these. Ground turkey sausage, bacon, Asparagus, broccoli, etc. Be creative.
HOW TO MAKE SPINACH QUICHE MUFFINS
Spinach Quiche Muffins
These healthy little spinach quiche muffins are easy to make ahead and just heat them up each morning. Have along with oatmeal for a great clean eating breakfast.
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 cups of fresh baby spinach 1 cup if you don't prefer lots of spinach
- 7 eggs or 1 3/4 cup of egg whites or egg substitute. I like to use more egg whites for a much healthier version of 1 3/4 cup of liquid egg white and 1-2 whole eggs
- 8 oz package baby bella or white mushrooms sliced or diced small
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper optional
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion optional
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice optional I love a little feta sometimes.
- Pepper to taste
- You can really add whatever you'd like to these. Ground turkey sausage bacon, Asparagus, broccoli, etc. Be creative.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Saute the mushrooms (and onions and peppers if using) for about 5-6 minutes
- Then add the spinach and cook for about 4 more minutes or until tender.
- Drain the excess liquid very well.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until combined. Add the cooked mushrooms, spinach, onion, red pepper and cheeses (if using) and mix well.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Store in the refrigerator or freeze. Just pop them in the microwave when you're ready to eat them.
Don’t miss a recipe or fun tip! Subscribe to the To Simply Inspire newsletter.
Do you have a favorite healthy breakfast?
Try these other healthy breakfast ideas too.