This easy Asparagus Quiche is a simple quiche with sautéed mushrooms and onions and a little cheese. It’s perfect for breakfast or brunch!
I just love quiche and I really should make it more than I do. This healthy Asparagus Quiche is a wonderful choice for breakfast and even dinner.
Confession time. I do not make my own pie crust. Really just because I have never mastered it and I’m a little impatient. But luckily Trader Joe’s has yummy pie crusts that make my life easier. I don’t plan on giving up on making my own… one day.
Ingredients Needed for Asparagus Quiche
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
4 egg whites
1 whole egg
6 – 7 whole asparagus
½ cup of sliced mushrooms
¼ cup of chopped onion
1 clove of garlic, minced
½ cup of fat free milk
¼ cup of part skim shredded mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese. You can even use feta cheese as well.
How to Make Asparagus Quiche
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt coconut oil in a – sauce pan.
3. Add onions and mushrooms and cook for about 4 minutes.
4. Chop 4 spears of asparagus into pieces. Leave 2 or 3 long to lay across the top of the quiche.
5. Whisk the whole egg and egg whites together
6. Add in the milk, cheese and pepper and whisk until a little bubbly or frothy.
7. Stir in the chopped asparagus, mushrooms onions and garlic.
8. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust (I love Trader Joe’s pie crust)
9. Cut the 2 remaining whole asparagus pieces in half and arrange on the top.
10. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the center is firm.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 7 spears asparagus
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup fat free milk
- ¼ cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese. You can even use feta.
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt coconut oil in a saute pan.
- Add onions and mushrooms and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Chop 4 spears of asparagus into pieces. Leave 2 or 3 long to lay across the top of the quiche.
- Whisk the whole egg and egg whites together
- Add in the milk, cheese and pepper and whisk until a little bubbly or frothy.
- Stir in the chopped asparagus, mushrooms onions and garlic.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust (I love Trader Joe's pie crust)
- Cut the 2 remaining whole asparagus pieces in half and arrange on the top.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the center is firm.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected
Laura@Baking in Pyjamas
I love quiche and asparagus, this looks delicious. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!!
We just love a great Quiche and your Asparagus Quiche looks delicious. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!
Looks delicious!! Think I’ll have to try this one!
I never thought of using asparagus in quiche, but this looks amazing! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!
This dish looks so good and I haven’t had quiche in so long. Perfect use for fresh asparagus. Thanks so much for a great recipe!
These are the types of healthy recipes I need that look good…thanks so much for sharing this on the Thursday Blog Hop!
Wow, this looks delicious and I just happen to have 2 bunches of asparagus in the fridge! Think I will try this tomorrow! I love quiche too but have never made one using asparagus. Found you at Wow Us Wednesday!
Always looking for a new way to serve asparagus…pinned!
We love quiche at our house and asparagus is a favorite too. I make crustless quiche or a potato crust when I don’t feel like messing with pastry.
This sounds yummy!
Thanks again for joining the Link Up this week!
Lyndsay @ The Happy Chateau
This looks delicious! I make a meatless quiche with diced chiles and cheese and it’s so flavorful. I’ll have to try this version, and also need to try the Trader Joe’s pie crusts. Thanks for the idea!
This looks so yummy. I love quiche!