This Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta has the most scrumptious creamy sauce. Plus it’s ready in about 20 minutes for one of the best bang bang recipes ever!
Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
My hubby’s birthday was yesterday and I wanted to cook him something new and exciting. I knew I wanted to make something with seafood since that is his favorite. I decided on this simple bang bang recipe and it is so delicious. We were all practically licking our bowls!
I bought frozen shrimp and just soaked them in in a bowl in cold water for a few minutes to thaw them quickly. While the pasta is cooking, sauté the shrimp and mix up the sauce. If you like a saucier dish, feel free to double the sauce ingredients.
If you want a healthier low carb version, serve it over cooked spaghetti squash instead of pasta.
Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta Ingredients
3/4 – 1 lb of thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta (or gluten free pasta)
1 1/2 lbs of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 TBSP coconut oil or olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tsp paprika
1 TBSP dried parsley
freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise or light mayonnaise to lower calories (I’m a Hellman’s lover myself)
1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBSP of lime juice
1/8 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
How to Make Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside. (You can warm this on the stove on medium-low if you desire but it warmed up nicely for me when mixed with the hot pasta.)
In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta per package directions. Then drain well.
Place the uncooked shrimp in a medium sized bowl and add the paprika, 3 cloves of garlic, pepper and toss to coat.
Heat the coconut or olive oil on medium-high heat and add the coated uncooked shrimp.
Stir constantly while cooking until pink for approx. 7- 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and set aside if pasta is not ready
In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta, shrimp and sauce mixture and toss.
Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Is Bang Bang Shrimp and Pasta Spicy?
I have never cooked with Thai sweet chili sauce and I love it. It has just enough spice to it but not too much to be overwhelming. If you like a little extra spice, you can add a little red pepper flakes to kick it up even more.
If you are a shrimp and pasta recipe seeker, you will really love this easy dinner. It was ready in about 20 minutes! You could even make it with chicken you might have cooked in the freezer already too. The sauce is what makes it delish!!
I have had a few people ask about the bowl I served it in (in the picture). It is a Wilton Armetale bowl that I received as a wedding gift. I love their products! They keep food warm (or cold) when serving and they are so pretty! The one I have is the William and Mary Medium Serving Bowl.
Try these other delicious recipes too:
Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta is one of the best shrimp meals ever. It's made with an easy, savory sauce and is ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 3/4 - 1 lb thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta or gluten free pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1 TBSP dried parsley
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 TBSP of lime juice
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.(You can warm this if you desire but it warmed up nicely for me when mixed with the hot pasta.)
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta and drain well.
- Place the uncooked shrimp in a medium sized bowl and add the paprika, 3 cloves of garlic, pepper
- Heat the coconut oil on medium high heat and add the coated uncooked shrimp. Stir constantly while cooking until pink for approx. 7- 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside if pasta is not ready
- In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta, shrimp and sauce mixture and toss.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Adapted from Skinny Mom