Pan Seared Salmon
I have tried for many, many years to get my daughter to love eating fish as much as the rest of us in our family do.
A few weeks ago my husband, daughter and I went out to dinner at a cute little restaurant we stumbled upon while camping in northern NH.
My husband naturally ordered salmon because it’s one of his favorites and we just don’t cook it a lot at home because, well, I would have to cook something else for the princess and I really don’t “love “doing that.
Shocking us both, my daughter asked to “try” his salmon! All by herself! And she loved it and wanted to eat more and more! Can you imagine the stare my husband and I gave each other? It would be so uncool of us to make a big deal of it to the 12 year old “tween” that asked to try that fish.
Who new that simple salmon cooked in a pan would be the winner!
I love, love, love these moments. It’s opens up so many doors to new cooking for me. I immediately tried to recreate the salmon that they served us in that cute little restaurant. It was a simple pan seared salmon with just a few spices, making it even better!
I just sprinkled it with a little garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and a tad of cayenne pepper. Then seared it in a little coconut oil on both sides. Squeeze a little lemon juice on if desired as well.
It was just as much of a hit as that night at the little restaurant we stumbled upon. Thank you little restaurant!
Ingredients for Pan Seared Salmon
3 fillets of salmon
2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
Try these other popular seafood recipes as well:
How to Make Pan Seared Salmon
Pan Seared Salmon
This simple and deliciously crispy pan seared salmon is a wonderful, healthy dinner for any night!
- 3 fillets salmon
- 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper more or less to taste
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium high heat.
- Cut and remove skin from fillets (if any)
- Sprinkle the fillets of salmon evenly with spices on both sides.
- Place fillets into preheated pan and cook on the first side until it is cooked about half way through, about 4-5 minutes).
- Then turn and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.