Mouthwatering yumminess with every bite, this fresh Cucumber Avocado Salsa will easily become one of your favorite appetizer.
CUCUMBER AVOCADO SALSA
I have a thing for chips and salsa. It’s my huge cheat day feast! If you put a bowl of candy and/or dessert and a bowl of chips and salsa if front of me, I will devour the latter in a second.
If it’s not salsa, it’s guacamole or bean dip or something else with fresh yummy ingredients like this cucumber avocado salsa.
This recipe is very simple. Just chop all the fresh veggies into tiny pieces. Mix the sauce separate and then toss them together. I usually add extra cilantro since I could never get enough of it.
Whip this up for your next get-together, serve it in a pretty little chip and dip set and I guarantee you will giving out the recipe to many.
CUCUMBER AVOCADO SALSA INGREDIENTS
1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
1 avocado, finely chopped
1 medium tomato , finely chopped and seeded
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
2 – 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
For the Sauce:
1/4 c reduced-fat sour cream
1-1/2 tsp lemon juice
1-1/2 tsp lime juice
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
HOW TO MAKE CUCUMBER AVOCADO SALSA
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato , finely chopped and seeded
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 - 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ c reduced-fat sour cream
- 1-1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a medium bowl, combine the first six ingredients and gently toss
- In a separate bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin and salt.
- Pour over cucumber mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Serve with tortilla chips.