This low carb, healthy Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash is an easy side dish. Serve it alongside chicken or fish and a simple vegetable for a balanced meal.
Finding new and different side dishes that are simple and delicious makes me so happy. Simple recipes like sauteed spinach, roasted broccoli, or balsamic roasted cauliflower and now this spaghetti squash recipe are some of the most loved in our house.
Finding new and different side dishes that are simple and delicious makes me so happy. This Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash is one of those.
It’s another fabulous low-carb substitute for pasta, rice or potatoes. It’s mild in flavor and has a nice little “al dente” texture.
All you have to do is cut the squash in half and roast in at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until it’s tender to cut into with a knife. Then simply scrape the insides into a bowl and use them however you wish. (You can also cook the entire squash without cutting it in half as well if you have a little more time. It takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes.)
Saute a little garlic in coconut oil, toss in the spaghetti squash, then sprinkle on a little parmesan. Voila!
How to Make Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
Preheat oven to 350F.
Cut then ends off the squash and then cut it in half, lengthwise.
Scrape out the pulp and seeds. (I run a knife all the way around it then can easily scoop it out.)
Bake spaghetti squash for 45 minutes, or until a knife is easily inserted through the outer skin.
Let squash cool for 10 minutes.
Use a fork to then scrape the squash to get the yummy “spaghetti” strand.
Heat a large saute pan with the butter and the garlic over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
Add squash strands to the garlic and butter and toss well.
Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
If you prefer a softer texture, cover the pan and saute for 2-3 more minutes.
Try these other easy healthy Side Dish recipes too!
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut squash in half, lengthwise. Scrape out the pulp and seeds. (I run a knife all the way around it then can easily scoop it out.)
- Bake spaghetti squash for 45 minutes, or until a knife is easily inserted through the outer skin.
- Let squash cool for 10 minutes.
- Use a fork to then scrape the squash to get the yummy "spaghetti" strand.
- Heat a large saute pan with the butter and the garlic over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add squash strands to the garlic and butter and toss well.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected