Healthy, low carb Thai Spaghetti Squash recipe is flavor-packed with a spectacular peanut sauce and topped with scallions. Perfect lunch or dinner to make ahead.
Spaghetti squash is such a versatile vegetable and a great alternative to pasta since it has much lower calories. I often make this Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash and this Chicken Spinach Mushroom Spaghetti Squash.
I actually bought this spaghetti squash to make this Baked Margarita Spaghetti Squash but since I’ve been an obsessed Thai loving girl lately, I decided to go with that instead.
This Thai inspired recipe is just another simple side (or even low carb meal) that is so easy to whip up. Just bake the spaghetti squash for about 40 minutes. While it’s cooking saute the red bell peppers and mix the sauce. Then combine the squash noodles and sauce with the peppers. Voila! It’s a great meal prep idea too!
For a vegan option, substitute a tiny bit of stevia or sugar in place of the honey.
I did only use about 3/4 of the sauce. I added about 1/2 the batch I made and then added a little more from there.
I had this along with these easy grilled chicken tenders for an out of this world delicious dinner!
Ingredients for this Thai Spaghetti Squash Recipe
One whole Spaghetti squash
Red bell pepper, sliced thinly lengthwise
Chives, finely chopped
For the sauce:
Garlic cloves, minced
Soy sauce (or Tamari if gluten-free)
Sriracha sauce (optional)
How to Make Thai Spaghetti Squash
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Slice the squash half and scoop out the seeds and pulp.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the squash is tender.
While the squash is baking, saute red bell pepper in a teaspoon or so of coconut oil or olive oil until just tender.
While squash is cooling, mix soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, peanut butter, honey, garlic and ginger in a bowl.
Cool squash to touch and then scrape the “noodles” out with a fork.
Place the “noodles” into the pan with the cooked peppers.
Add about 1/2 the sauce to start and continue adding to taste, stirring to combine.
Be sure to try these other Thai inspired recipes too:
Thai Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin lengthwise
- 1/4 cup chives finely chopped
- For the sauce:
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or Tamari if gluten free
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp siracha sauce if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Slice the squash half and scoop out the seeds and pulp.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until squash is tender.
- While squash is baking, saute red bell pepper in a teaspoon or so of coconut oil or olive oil until just tender.
- While squash is cooling, mix soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, peanut butter, honey, garlic and ginger in a bowl.
- Cool squash to touch and then scrape the "noodles" out with a fork.
- Place the "noodles" into the pan with the cooked peppers.
- Add about 1/2 the sauce to start and continue adding to taste, stirring to combine.