If you love chicken wings, this Air Fryer Buffalo Wings recipe is an absolute must try! These chicken wings are juicy on the inside and crispy and smothered in a your favorite buffalo sauce on the outside. They are insanely easy to make, and are ready in less than 30 minutes.
Looking for more easy appetizer recipes? These Sausage Cheese Balls and this Little Smokies recipe are both very popular too!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox! (plus more yummy recipes sent weekly!)
Table of contents
Best Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
Skip deep frying and make these air fryer buffalo chicken wings. These are the best buffalo wings I have had. Pair with some blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing, and some carrot sticks and celery sticks.
You will be surprised at how easy this chicken wings recipe is. Serve them on game day when cheering on your football teams at home, tailgating, or even a perfect appetizer for parties.
Chicken Wings – Use drumettes and wingettes or full chicken wings if you’d like.
Cornstarch – This is going to create the best wings you have ever had. It is what helps create extra crispy wings.
Seasonings – Salt, black pepper, and garlic powder are what I used to season the wings with.
Buffalo Sauce – You can use any favorite wing sauce. I love Frank’s Red Hot personally. They do also sell mild buffalo sauce or extra spicy buffalo sauce, so use your preference.
1. Swap the hot sauce with bbq sauce for a mild chicken wing recipe. You can use barbecue sauce of choice.
2. Use any type of spicy sauce if you want, or add a splash of tabasco sauce to the buffalo sauce to elevate the heat.
3. You can use other seasonings if you want, onion powder, or another type of dry rub mixture will work.
4. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, we love to use blue cheese dressing and whip up homemade ranch dressing.
5.Swap the seasoning to a lemon pepper wings recipe and skip basting in sauce once the cooked wings are done.
6. Add ¼ cup melted butter to the buffalo wing sauce for basting.
Why do you use Cornstarch on wings?
The cornstarch will absorb some of the moisture on the chicken. But in this it creates the extra crispy skin that you know and love. So when you cook them in the air fryer it creates an extra crispy air fryer chicken wings that you will fall in love with. It gives that deep fried texture with minimal oil used. Just make sure you use tongs or shake the basket to rotate as they cook for an even cook.
How Long to cook Frozen Chicken Wings in an air fryer?
I like to air fryer frozen wings for around 10-12 minutes, and then shake the wings, and repeat the cook time. Depending on the size of your wings, the cook time will vary, along with different brands of air fryers cook differently. Use a meat thermometer and ensure the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F. Cook the chicken as long as it takes to reach the internal temperature.
How to Make these Air Fryer Wings
Step 1 – Cut the wings at the joint and remove wing tips if you are not using whole wings. After that pat the wings dry with paper towels.
Step 2 – Add the wings to a large bowl and sprinkle with seasonings and cornstarch.
Step 3 – Toss to coat the wings well.
Step 4 – Place in the air fryer basket that has been sprayed with cooking spray. (Do not overcrowd) Air fry as directed, shaking the basket every five minutes. Once the wings are fully done, remove, and place the wings in a clean bowl and a.
Step 5 – Add in the buffalo sauce, and toss to coat.
Step 6 – Then cook an additional five minutes. Place them back in the bowl and coat in additional wing sauce if desired.
Serve with desired dipping sauce and enjoy.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket, or you will get an uneven cook on the wings.
- You can add more sauce to the wings once they are done cooking if you would like.
- Refrigerate the wings for 30 minutes to an hour to completely dry the skin before cooking for an extra crispy texture.
Store any leftover wings in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. You can also freeze up to three months. Then thaw in the fridge the night before to allow the wings to thaw.
You can warm the chilled wings in the microwave for a quick reheat. Or you can toss the wings back in the air fryer and heat at 325 degrees just until the wings are warmed through. It is up to you on your personal preference.
If you like this recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe below. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram!
Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup Buffalo sauce
- If you have whole wings, cut them at the joint and remove the tip.1 pound chicken wings
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel and then place wings in the large bowl.
- Sprinkle with seasonings and corn starch and toss until wings are evenly coated with the mixture.1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, ¼ cup cornstarch
- Spray the air fryer basket with a little non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the wings in the basket in a single layer and cook for 20 minutes at 400° F until the skin is crisp and the wings are cooked through completely to an internal temperature of 165° F. (leave space in between each wing)
- Shake the basket every 5 minutes to evenly cook.
- After the wings have cooked completely, toss them in a bowl of Buffalo sauce to fully coat.½ cup Buffalo sauce
- Place them back in the air fryer basket and cook for an additional 5 minutes to crisp.
- Remove and toss in additional sauce if desired.
- Serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected
Só good recipes Thankyou so much !!! Have good holidays ande happy New Year