If you have not tried Air Fryer Vegetables yet, I highly recommend it. This is my new favorite way to cook veggies for a delicious and healthy side dish to pair with any dinner. Choose any type of vegetables paired with spices and fresh herbs that your whole family enjoys.
Pair the roast veggies with this mayo parmesan chicken, this best meatloaf recipe or these baked bbq chicken wings. There are so many recipes that will work with these air fryer vegetables.
Table of contents
Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables
Air fried vegetables is a very easy air fryer recipe that takes half the time as roasting them in the oven, and you get that delicious caramelized flavor on the veggies as they cook.
One of the benefits of air frying vegetables is that they come out crispier than usual. And since you don’t have to use cooking oil, it’s a healthier option.
Swapping out a different variety of veggies each time makes sure you have a delicious side dish that even the pickiest eater enjoy. From asparagus, red bell pepper to zucchini, red onion, or cauliflower and broccoli. The options are endless when it comes to air fry vegetables.
Brussels Sprouts – You will trim and half the sprouts for this recipe.
Butternut Squash – Cube the squash into even cubes.
Parsnips – Peel and then cube into bite size pieces. The goal is to make sure all the same size.
Oil – I used olive oil but any style of oil will work. Just know some oils have a lower heat level.
Seasoning – Salt, pepper, and rosemary are used for this tender vegetables dish.
Pecans – For a nice crunch try out these peans, they add a nice crunch factor in.
Pomegranate – These are going to add a touch of sweetness to the vegetables.
1. Whip up a variety of your favorite vegetables – swap for air fryer broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, green beans, zucchini, yellow squash, or any mix of a vegetable medley.
2. Use other squashes or root vegetables. Sweet potatoes, carrots, delicata squash, butternut squash, diced baby potatoes, or turnips would also be delicious!
3. Season as you would like. Lemon, pepper, garlic, thyme, smoked paprika or Italian seasoning will compliment this perfect side dish.
4. Top with feta, goat cheese, or shaved parmesan cheese once cooked.
5. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or glaze.
6. Swap pecans with walnuts or sliced almonds.
7. Dried cranberries is a great swap with the pomegranate.
How to Make Vegetables in Air Fryer
Full steps on this easy air fryer vegetables recipe is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Step 1 – Start by prepping your vegetables and place them in a large bowl.
Step 2 – Next add in the seasonings, and oil and toss to coat.
Step 3 – Place the cut vegetables in the basket of air fryer making sure to not overcrowd. Cook at preheated 400° F for 10 minutes.
Step 4 – Then add the pecans and shake the basket to toss the vegetables Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes,.
Step 5: Pour the veggies and nuts in a serving dish and then add in pomegranate seeds, toss and serve.
- Watch the cooking time as all vegetables and air fryers can cook slightly different so the cook time can vary.
- Place your vegetables in a single layer so you get an even cook. Otherwise if you stack, it can leave some spots softer than others.
- This is great to go along with the any main course.
- If need be cook your vegetables in batches, to ensure the vegetables do not get too crowed in air fryer.
Store leftover vegetables in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
When you want to eat the delicious veggies again you can warm in the microwave, or toss back into the bottom of the air fryer basket an heat for a few minutes until warmed through.
If you like this recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe below. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram!
Air Fryer Vegetables
- 2 cups brussel sprouts bottoms trimmed and then halved
- 2 cups butternut squash cubed
- 2 cups parsnips cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- Add the diced brussel sprouts, butternut squash,, and parsnips to a large bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over top and sprinkle with the garlic powder, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Then toss to coat well.2 cups brussel sprouts, 2 cups butternut squash, 2 cups parsnips, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- Place the vegetables in the basket of the air fryer and make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket. Cook in batches if necessary, depending on the size of the air fryer,
- Preheat the air fryer at 400° F and air fry veggies for 10 minutes.
- Then add the pecans and shake the basket to toss the vegetables.1 cup raw pecan halves
- Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp and golden brown.
- Place the vegetables in a serving bowl and add the pomegranate seeds and gently toss to combine.1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected
Very nice recipes thanks