A slice of Chocolate Oreo Delight is the ultimate, no bake dessert recipe for chocolate or Oreo lovers. With four layers of goodness, including a cookie crust, a chocolate cheesecake layer, a pudding layer, and whipped topping, this is the only dessert you need!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE?
Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox! (plus more new recipes sent weekly!)
Oreo Delight Layered Dessert
This chocolate delight is one of my favorite chocolate desserts. It’s made with an Oreo cookie crust, topped with a smooth and creamy chocolate cheesecake, followed by a creamy chocolate pudding, and then a final layer of Cool Whip. I also like to top it with mini marshmallows and a drizzle of chocolate sauce for added indulgence!
The most difficult part of this Oreo dessert is waiting for it to set.
When it comes to chocolatey no-bake desserts, this tops them all. The combination of layers is out of this world.
You’ll be so proud to share it – if there’s enough left to share!
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this easy dessert. Scroll down to the full recipe card with amounts
For the Oreo Crust:
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies: Oreo cookies are the most popular brand, but you can use whatever you have. Keep the creamy centers, they help to sweeten and bind the crust.
- Butter: I like using unsalted butter but feel free to use your preference.
For the Chocolate Cream Cheese Layer
- Cream Cheese: Make sure it is softened to room temperature so it creams nicely.
- Butter: Unsalted butter helps make this layer rich and creamy.
- Hot Chocolate Mix: Save time and use a few envelopes of pre-made mix for the chocolatey flavor.
- Powdered Sugar: This sweetens this layer while keeping it extra fluffy and helping to hold the structure of the filling.
- Whipped Topping: Cool whip or a stabilized homemade whipped topping for a final layer.
For the Pudding Layer
- Instant Chocolate Pudding: for a rich, velvety pudding layer.
- Milk: Use your favorite kind of cold milk.
- Mini Marshmallows: this is optional but it makes this layer sweeter.
For the Whipped Topping Layer
Top it off with whipped topping, mini marshmallows, and chocolate syrup.
1. Dress up your chocolate Oreo delight for the occasion. A Christmas dessert lasagna inspires me! Add holiday sprinkles to the top depending on the occasion.
2. Swap the marshmallows for white or dark chocolate shavings, more crushed cookies, mini chocolate chips or mini peanut butter cups for a peanut butter version. Or be love bold and add a mixture of many!
3. Make peppermint chocolate delight by adding some peppermint extract to the cheesecake layer and/or whipped topping.
4. Swap the hot cocoa mix for ¾ cup of cocoa powder and increase the powdered sugar to ¾ cup. (You can add more sugar if you’d like it sweeter after tasting.)
How to Make this No-Bake Oreo Dessert
This Oreo Cookie Delight is perfect any time of year. The simple ingredients easy to find at your local grocery store.
Make the Oreo Base
Step 1: In a food processor, add the full cookies and pulse a few times until they become fine crumbs. Add the cookie crumbs and melted butter to a medium bowl. Mix to combine.
Step 2: Transfer the crumb mixture into a parchment-lined 9×13 pan and press down evenly with your fingers or the bottom of a measuring cup.
Make the cream cheese filling
Step 3: In a separate large bowl, beat the cream cheese and softened butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
Step 4: Stir in the hot chocolate mix and powdered sugar and combine everything. Then, fold in one container of the thawed whipped topping.
Step 5: Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly across the crust.
Make the chocolate pudding
Step 6: Next, add the pudding mix and milk to a medium bowl and whisk together until smooth. Gently stir in one cup of mini marshmallows (if you’d like). Spread this mixture over the chocolate cream cheese layer.
Add the cool whip layer
Step 7: Top with remaining whipped topping. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
Top with mini marshmallows and a drizzle of chocolate syrup over the top layer before serving.
- No food processor? No problem. Place the cookies in a Ziploc bag. Remove the air (otherwise it’ll burst), and seal it. Then, roll a rolling pin over them until they are tiny crumbs.
- For clean slices, wipe the knife between each slice. On the other hand, it is also easier to slice when the cake is slightly thawed from frozen.
- If you would rather use whipped cream instead of Cool Whip, make sure to whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks so it holds.
This recipe can be made a day in advance and is best eaten within 1-2 days of being prepared. The longer it is refrigerated, the filling will start to soften the topping and crust.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Yes, you can freeze this delight recipe. Let me tell you, a month from now when you remember you have a piece still in the freezer, you’ll thank me.
Store it in the freezer covered with plastic wrap and then a layer of aluminum foil for up to 3 months. You can also place individual portion sizes in small airtight containers if you’d like.
Chocolate Oreo Delight
For the crust
- 36 chocolate sandwich cookies like Oreos
- ½ cup butter unsalted,1 stick melted
For the chocolate cream cheese layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup butter softened to room temperature
- 5 envelopes hot chocolate mix
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping like Cool Whip
For the pudding layer
- 7.8 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix (2) 3.9 ounce boxes
- 2 ¾ cups milk
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
Whipped topping layer
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Chocolate syrup for drizzling
- In a food processor, add the cookies and pulse a few times until crumbs are formed. You can also place them in a plastic zip closure baggie and crush them with a rolling pin or mallet.36 chocolate sandwich cookies
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Add the cookie crumbs to a bowl and then pour in the melted butter and stir until all the crumbs are wet.½ cup butter
- Pour the cookie mixture into the lined dish and press it down evenly.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and softened butter and blend with an electric mixer until creamy.8 ounces cream cheese, ½ cup butter
- Then add the hot chocolate mix and powdered sugar and blended until combined well.5 envelopes hot chocolate mix, ½ cup powdered sugar
- Fold in one container of the whipped topping and spread over crust evenly.8 ounces whipped topping
- Next, add the pudding mix and milk to a medium bowl and whisk together until smooth.7.8 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix, 2 ¾ cups milk
- Then stir in 1 cup of mini marshmallows.1 cup mini marshmallows
- Spread the pudding mixture carefully over the chocolate cream cheese layer.
- Top with the remaining container of whipped topping and sprinkle with more mini marshmallows and drizzle with chocolate syrup.8 ounces whipped topping, 2 cups mini marshmallows, Chocolate syrup for drizzling
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. You can also place it in the freezer and be able to slice neatly.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected