This Strawberry Delight is a deliciously light dessert with layers of buttery cookie crust, sweet cheesecake, and a creamy strawberry gelatin. It’s an easy no-bake dessert with fresh strawberries for the ultimate strawberry dessert that is luscious down to the last crumbs on the plate.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox! (plus more yummy recipes sent weekly!)
Table of contents
This dessert is know by a few names, some call it strawberry lush, strawberry lasagna but we call it strawberry delight. If you have a surplus of fresh strawberries that you are devouring this strawberry season, then you will love this layered strawberry treat.
This has an amazing dreamy filling that just melts in your mouth. This will easily become a go-to dessert for summer cookouts, parties, or an easy family dessert.
Oreos- Golden Oreos add such a great crunch for the crust of this dessert. You can swap for graham crackers if you’d like.
Butter – Unsalted butter is recommended. If you use salted, just leave the salt out of the recipe.
Cream Cheese – Opt for full-fat cream cheese for that decadent creamy cheesecake layer.
Powdered Sugar – This is going to add sweetness and thicken up the cheesecake layer.
Cool Whip – You will use a couple of containers of Cool Whip for this strawberry layer recipe.
Strawberries – Fresh and ripe berries are recommended for this dessert.
Jello – Reach for a box of strawberry Jello mix.
1. You can use classic Oreos, Nilla wafers, or even a graham cracker crumbs for the crust instead of the Golden Oreo flavor. Feel free to change up the crust. Just use a fine crumb crumble to mix with the butter and salt. Or even consider a pecan crust.
2. Whip up a creamy dream whip filling to spread on top of the layered dessert for a creamy topping instead of Cool Whip.
3.Add other flavors of fruit like raspberries, blueberries, etc.
4. Opt for lower-fat cream cheese to reduce fat in the dessert for the cream cheese layer. The full fat will offer the best texture and richness but it can be swapped.
5. Add a layer of fresh berries right on top of the crust, for added strawberry flavor. Then move to the cheesecake layer on top of the strawberries and follow the regular steps.
6. You could use a strawberry pie filling instead of fresh berries. The strawberry filling will be sweeter as it does have added sugar.
How to Make this No-Bake Dessert
Full steps on how to make strawberry lush are in the printable recipe card along with measurements. This is a quick walkthrough on how to make this refreshing dessert.
Step 1 – Spray a 9×13″ rectangle dish with cooking spray and set it to the side.
Step 2 – In a food processor, add the cookies and pulse for a few seconds to create a fine crumb.
Step 3 – Add the melted butter and salt and mix to combine fully.
Step 4 – Then pour into the prepared dish and press them down evenly and firmly.
Place the dish in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
Step 5 – For the strawberry cheesecake filling, add the softened cream cheese and vanilla into a bowl. Blend well until nice and creamy. Then blend in the powdered sugar
Step 6 – Next, add in the whipped cream and fold it gently in then add in the diced strawberries and stir gently as well.
Step 6 – Pour the mixture on top of the crust and spread it in an even layer. Then place the dish back in the freezer again.
Step 7 – Next, boil water in a pot. In another mixing bowl, add the jello packet and add the ¾ cup of boiling water and stir until all the powder is completely melted. Then, add in the ice water and mix well.
Then fold in the Cool Whip and place bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill and thicken.
Step 8 – Once the mixture has chilled, spread over the cheesecake layer.
Step 9 – Then place the finished dessert back in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Right before serving, top with one more layer of whipped topping and extra strawberries (whole or sliced strawberries) and/or cookie crumbs.
- Make sure to use softened cream cheese. Otherwise, your cream cheese mixture will have clumps and not mix well together.
- Use a spatula to fold in the Cool Whip into the layers, otherwise, it can cause the whipped cream to deflate when mixed.
- It is important to freeze the crust, as it will help ensure it sets up fully. Just spread the layers right on top of the frozen crust.
- If you are mixing up the layers with a hand mixer start with a low speed so it doesn’t splash out of the bowl.
- As the strawberries sit in the refrigerator they will break down and release more liquid. Just know this is normal.
- You can make homemade whipped topping but I do find it can fall quicker in the recipe. But just whip heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks with a tiny bit of sugar if you want to make your own whipped cream.
Store this strawberry no-bake dessert in the fridge in an airtight container for around 4-5 days. The berries will release juice as they sit, so know it is best to eat freshly made. You can make this a day ahead of time if you want. I just recommend waiting to top with the last layer of whipped cream and berries until right before you are ready to serve it up.
Due to the jello and other ingredients, you will find this is not a great freezer-friendly dessert as it will create ice crystals usually. I recommend not freezing the leftover strawberry lush.
For the Crust:
- 36 Golden Oreos cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted (1 stick)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 16 ounces full fat cream cheese at room temperature (2 blocks)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 2 ½ cups diced strawberries
For the Strawberry Jello Layer
- 3 ounce box strawberry Jell-O mix
- ¾ cup boiling water
- ¾ cup ice water
- 8 ounce tub Cool Whip thawed
For the Topping:
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- Additional fresh strawberries
- Golden Oreo crumbles optional
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Make the crust:
- Add the Golden Oreos into a food processor and pulse for a few seconds until it is fine and resembles sand36 Golden Oreos cookies
- Add the crumbles to a medium mixing bowl and add the melted butter and salt. Stir until all the crumbs are moistened.½ cup unsalted butter, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared dish. Use you fingers or the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to press it firmly and evenly)
- Place the dish in the freezer to chill while mixing the cheesecake layer.
Make the strawberry cheesecake layer:
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese and vanilla extract and blend with an electric hand mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy.16 ounces full fat cream cheese, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Then gradually add the powdered sugar in batches and beat completely mix in.1 cup powdered sugar
- Add in one of the 8 ounce containers of thawed Cool Whip.8 ounces Cool Whip
- Then add in the diced strawberries. (Make sure the strawberries have been patted dry before blending in so it doesn’t become too watery).2 ½ cups diced strawberries
- Remove the crust from the freezer and add the cheesecake layer and, using a spatula, spread evenly to the top of the crust
- Place the dish back into the freezer while preparing the strawberry jello layer.
Make the Strawberry Jello layer:
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the strawberry jello powder mix with boiling hot water and stir together until fully dissolved.3 ounce box strawberry Jell-O mix, ¾ cup boiling water
- Add in the ice water and stir. The liquid should now be cold to touch. If not, then allow it to cool completely for a few minutes before adding in the Cool Whip. You can also put it in thr refrigerator for about 5 minutes.¾ cup ice water
- Once cooled, add in the other 8 ounces of Cool Whip and stir until completely combined.8 ounce tub Cool Whip
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow it to chill and thicken.
- After chilling the strawberry mixture, remove the baking dish from the freezer and add the strawberry mixture to the top of the cheesecake layer and spread it evenly.
- Place the dish back in the refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours. (you can leave it in the refrigerator overnight as well)
- Before serving, add the Cool Whip layer and spread evenly over top.8 ounces Cool Whip
- Serve chilled. Top with extra strawberries and Golden Oreo crumbs just before serving.Additional fresh strawberries, Golden Oreo crumbles
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected