These Cranberry Brie Bites are a beautiful and deliciously easy appetizer recipe made with just five simple ingredients! Rolled into pinwheels, they have the perfect crispy, buttery puff pastry exteriors with wonderful creamy brie and cranberries mixed folded in.
Want more easy puff pastry recipes for holiday appetizers? Make these fun Apple Roses or these Ham & Cheese Puff Pastries . They all make the perfect holiday appetizer!
Table of contents
Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry
Cranberry Brie Bites are a great appetizer to make for all your holiday parties and family dinners and are so easy to make! They are perfect for game days and tailgating snacks too!
The sweet and savory cranberry sauce in the center of each bite is a great compliment to the mild and creamy brie cheese.
You can never have too many appetizer recipes up your sleeve. These little bites can be made ahead and frozen for your next get together.
Puff Pastry – thawed but still cold. These are found in the freezer section of stores.
Cranberry Sauce – I use canned jellied cranberry sauce but homemade cranberry sauce is perfect too. The perfect use for leftover cranberry sauce!
Brie Cheese – Use any brand you’d like. I removed the rind and slice it as thin as I can.
Fresh rosemary – I like to finely dice it but you can use dried rosemary as well.
Egg – for the egg wash that gives them a perfect golden brown exterior.
1. Add any kind of chopped nuts like pecans, walnuts or almonds to the cranberry layer before rolling.
2. Not a cranberry fan, use raspberry jam if you’d like.
3. Swap the rosemary out for fresh thyme if you’d like.
4. Can’t find puff pastry, you can use crescent rolls dough. Simply roll the dough so the seems come together and then follow the same directions.
5.Use ½ cranberry sauce and ½ orange marmalade mixture instead of just cranberry.
6. sprinkle a little goat cheese over the brie before rolling.
7.Don’t want the pinwheel style? Spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Cut the pastry into small 3 inch squares with a pizza cutter or sharp knife. then place the squares into each muffin tin hole and place a teaspoon of cranberry sauce and the cube of brie one top. Sprinkle with rosemary and bake. Pre-made phyllo shells are also a super quick option.
How to Make These Little Brie Bites
This recipe is so simple to make and it perfect little addition to any occasion.
Step 1: Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the puff pastries from the freezer and packages and let them thaw for a few minutes on a lightly floured surface..
Step 2: Add ¼ cup of cranberry sauce to each puff pastry and spread evenly.
Step 3: Then lay 4 ounces of the sliced brie on top of the cranberry sauce and sprinkle with a little rosemary.
Step 4: Gently roll the puff pastry as tight you can then gently pinch the seem closed with your fingers to keep it together.
Step 5: Slice each pastry log about t ¾” thick, approximately 10 per roll.
Step 6: Place the pinwheels on the lined cookie sheet at least 2” apart. Beat the egg and a teaspoon of water in a small bowl and brush the tops and edges of the pastry.
Step 7: Bake for 14-15 minutes or until the bites are golden brown.
- If the dough breaks while rolling, let it sit at room temperature for 5 more minutes and try again. It may still be too cold.
- Use a sharp serrated knife to slice the rolled log.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, a drizzle of honey and/or more chopped fresh rosemary.
Do You Take the Rind Off Brie Before Baking?
No, you do not have to remove the rind before baking brie. The rind is edible. I do like to take the rind off in this recipe since it rolls up nicely in the puff pastry when it’s removed. Just slice it off when cold with a sharp knife.
Can Cranberry Brie Bites be Made Ahead?
Yes, you can prepare the slice the day before and place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to bake, remove from the refrigerator and place on a baking sheet to reach room temperature while the oven is preheating.
How to Store Brie Bites?
Store leftover bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. They can also be frozen before or after baking in a freezer safe container or plastic zip closure bag. Place them in single layer with parchment paper or wax paper between layers. Or wrap the entire rolled log in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Thaw frozen bites in the refrigerator overnight.
How to Reheat Brie Bites?
Reheat brie bites at 300° F just until heated through and the exterior gets slightly crispy again.
If you like this recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe below. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram!
Cranberry Brie Bites
- 2 sheets puff pastry (1 box) thawed but cold
- ½ cup cranberry sauce canned or homemade
- 8 ounces brie sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour the counter or cutting board and unfold both of the thawed puff pastry sheets.2 sheets puff pastry
- Add ¼ cup of cranberry sauce to each puff pastry and spread evenly.½ cup cranberry sauce
- Then lay 4 ounces of the sliced brie on top of the cranberry sauce.8 ounces brie
- Sprinkle each sheet with one teaspoon rosemary.2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- Gently roll each sheet of puff pastry as tightly as possible then seal the seam by pinching it slightly to it doesn’t unroll.
- If the dough breaks, let it sit at room temperature for 5 minutes and try again. It may be too cold.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, slice pieces that are about ¾” thick, approximately 10 per roll.
- Place the pinwheels on the lined cookie sheet at least 2” apart.
- In a small bowl, add the egg and a splash of water and beat it to create the egg wash.1 large egg
- Brush the tops and sides of each pinwheel with the egg wash.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes or until the bites are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with sea salt or fresh chopped rosemary.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected
Leave a Reply