This easy Sheet Pan Pancakes recipe is the ultimate breakfast hack. Get signature light and fluffy pancakes in a fraction of the time and effort, just pour, bake, and serve. No more flipping in batches! Streamlining breakfast for busy mornings and lazy weekends just got a lot more fun!
Need more wonderful classic breakfast recipes? Be sure to make these easy Brioche French Toast or this Pumpkin Spice French Toast or these amazing Homemade Crepes.
Table of contents
Easy sheet pan pancakes are great when serving a crowd or for the days you don’t have the time or the desire to stand over a hot griddle flipping pancakes. Of course, good old-fashioned flapjacks will always be in the rotation, but let’s admit some mornings get away from us and a quick and easy hack becomes a total game-changer.
Tasty pancakes in under 20 minutes, using the same pantry staples you normally use becomes easier by swapping the griddle or pan for a cookie sheet! They are tasty just the way they are but customize the flavors or add-ins as you’d like. This recipe is a great jumping-off point. Once you figure out how much you love sheet pan pancakes you’ll make them many more times, so get creative!
Try pumpkin spice or chocolate pancakes, chocolate chip or blueberry pancakes. Swap for gluten-free flour or buttermilk instead! Chop up some ham and throw in a little jalapeno and cheddar for a savory version.
Breakfast for dinner? Yes, please! Whether you’re serving them sweet with your favorite toppings or switching things up for a savory option, this recipe results in the perfect pancake every time. Give them a try, and you’ll wonder why you haven’t done it sooner!
How to Make these Oven Baked Pancakes
Preheat the oven and lightly grease a baking sheet with a rim with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk, canola oil, and vanilla extract.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and use a whisk to mix until combined.
Pour the entire batter mixture into the prepared sheet and bake until lightly browned. If you want to add anything like pieces of fruit, berries, or chocolate chips, sprinkle them on top just before baking.
Cool for a few minutes before slicing. Then cut into serving-sized pieces. This recipe yields about 12 but it will always depend on how big you slice them.
Top with your favorite toppings and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Best Toppings for Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Whipped cream
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh strawberries
- Peanut butter
- Almond butter
Tips & Variations
- To make this gluten-free, switch to gluten-free flour. One to One gluten-free all-purpose is a great choice.
- Use buttermilk to make buttermilk pancakes.
- You can make this recipe using a box pancake mix, like Bisquick. Double the recipe on the package and add in 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- To add berries or chocolate chips to the batter, sprinkle on top of the batter before baking.
- For a vegan option, use an egg replacer, a flax egg (ground flaxseed & water), applesauce, or mashed bananas. They will all act as binding agents.
- Savory ingredients might include, bacon, cheddar, chives, parmesan, or ham.
How to Store Them
Store these pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days or in a freezer friendly bag in the freezer! Perfect for grabbing a just couple in the morning. To reheat simply place back in the oven at 350 to heat through or use the microwave for 15 seconds at a time.
If you like this recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe card. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram!
Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with spray oil
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk it combine well
- Pour the batter onto the greased pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool for about 5 minutes before slicing
- Cut into 12 servings.
- 4 cups Bisquick Pancake Mix
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected
Wow, interesting. Never thought about pancakes baked in oven. I will not knock it, because I have not tried it yet, but plans to do so. Thanks for sharing