Pumpkin pie… the ultimate holiday dessert! It’s delicious baked in a whole pumpkin, but you can also make them mini and easier to share with a crowd.
Mini Pumpkin Pies in a Muffin Tin
When what you crave is a pumpkin pie, but you don’t want to make a large pie, the answer may be to make mini pumpkin pies. They are adorable individual sized treats that are always a hit at holiday dinners.
They are made in muffin tins, use refrigerated pie crusts or make your own homemade pie crust. Serve them topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
Ingredient needed for Pumpkin Pie
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 large eggs
15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
12 ounce can Evaporated Milk
2 pie crusts
How to Make Mini Pumpkin Pies
Step 1 – Preheat oven to 425 ° F and grease a muffin tin well with cooking spray.
Step 2 – Roll each pie crust out on a flat, lightly floured surface and cut 4 inch circles out. (we used a plastic container)
Step 3- Place each 4 inch piece of crust into each muffin tin and press into the bottom and sides to remove any bubbles.
Form the sides with little crimps however you’d like. They will look cute no matter what. 🙂
Step 4 – Score the bottom of each crust with a fork to keep it from getting a bubble.
Step 5 – In a small bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves together. Then in a separate large bowl, add the eggs and beat thoroughly. Then add the pumpkin puree and spice mixture.
Step 6 – Then spoon the pumpkin filling into each crust. Fill it to the top. (I had a little left over)
Step 7 – Bake for 15 minutes at 425° F. Then reduce the temperature to 350 and bake for another 20 minutes.
Remove form the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
Do mini pumpkin pie need to be refrigerated?
Yes, pumpkin pie needs to be refrigerated since it contains cream and eggs. They should not be left out at room temperature for longer than 2 hours. Cover with aluminum foil or place in a plastic pie keeper and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Can you freeze mini pumpkin pies
Yes! You can make them ahead of time and freeze them for up to 2 months. Or if you have leftovers you can freeze them for when you have a pumpkin cravings. Place them on a rimmed baking sheet and freeze them for 30 minutes. Then transfer them to an airtight container or zip closure freezer bag.
Thaw in the refrigerator when ready to serve.
How to Reheat?
Place in a 325° F preheated oven and heat for 5-10 minutes until heated through. You can also place in the microwave for 10 seconds.
Mini Pumpkin Pies
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 15 ounces pure pumpkin puree
- 1 12 ounces can Evaporated Milk
- 2 pie crusts
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt in small bowl.¾ cup granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Beat eggs in large bowl.2 large eggs
- Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.15 ounces pure pumpkin puree
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.1 12 ounces can Evaporated Milk
- Grease each of the muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Roll out pie crust and use a 4 inch wide plastic bowl or round cookie cutter. you will be able to get 4 on the rolled out dough and then just re-roll out the remaining dough to get 2 more. Repeat with the 2nd pie crust for a total of 12 mini pies.2 pie crusts
- Place each 4 inch piece of crust into each muffin tin and press into the bottom and sides to remove any bubbles. Form the sides with little crimps however you’d like. They will look cute no matter what. 🙂
- Score the bottom of each crust with a fork to keep it from getting a bubble.
- Then spoon the pumpkin filling into each crust. Fill it to the top. (I had a little left over)
- Bake in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes.
- Then reduce temperature to 350° F and bake for and additional 25 – 30 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Top with whipped cream before serving if desired.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected
adapted from Very Best Baking