This Monster Cookie Dough is a must-make for all of you peanut butter lovers. This is an edible raw cookie dough with no eggs and heated flour that is safe to eat. Loaded with hearty oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and even M&M’s.
If you are a peanut butter treat lover, try out these honey peanut butter cookies, peanut butter and chocolate balls, and these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
Table of contents
Edible Monster Cookie Dough
Monster cookies are a favorite cookie in our home. So when I made this edible dough it was a huge hit. We just put it in a container and stored it in the fridge. When you get a sweet craving head to the fridge and get a scoop.
Eat it by the spoonful or pair with a bowl of vanilla ice cream, this cookie monster dough will not disappoint!
All purpose flour – You will cook use heat-treated flour. This is a step that is needed as flour should not be consumed when it is uncooked for safety reasons.
Quick Oats – Reach for your container of quick oats to give this edible cookie dough recipe a nice chewy texture.
Brown Sugar – The brown sugar sweetens up the dough but also offers a caramel-like flavor.
Peanut Butter – I used creamy peanut butter, but you could easily swap with a chunky peanut butter.
Natural Vanilla Extract – The vanilla is going to balance out all the flavors.
Milk – This is used to help thin up the cookie dough if you find it is too thick. Depending on your dough you might not use it.
Mini M&M’s – If you are making this around the holidays feel free to use a holiday themed M&M.
Mini Chocolate Chips – Mini chips are perfect for that bite-size sweetness next to the dough.
1: You could swap out the M&M chocolate candies with Reese’s Pieces or other candy coated chocolate candies.
2: Old fashioned oats can be used to give this more of a chewy monster cookies dough. Or do half old fashioned and half quick oats.
3: Swap out the semi-sweet chocolate chips for a white chocolate, peanut butter chips, etc. Or even do milk chocolate if you don’t want the dough to be as sweet.
4: Add in sprinkles.
5: Chop up Oreo cookies or even chocolate chip cookies like Chip Ahoys and mix in the cookie dough.
6: If you use natural peanut butter you might need to use more flour to help the wet ingredients soak up enough. You will find natural peanut butter has more liquid
How to Make this Cookie Dough Recipe
Full directions for this peanut butter oatmeal cookie dough is at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card. This is a quick walk through on how to make this easy recipe.
Step 1: Preheat the oven and spread the flour and oats out on a baking sheet.
Step 2: Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the flour begins to become lightly browned. Allow the flour and oats to fully cool.
Step 3: Next in a large bowl you are going to cream together your brown sugar, peanut butter, and mix well. I used a hand mixer and mix for 2 minutes to create a fluffy texture.
Step 4: add in the vanilla extract, followed by the dry ingredients.
Step 5: If your dough seems too dry you can add a little of the milk, work the dough and then add more milk if needed.
Step 6: Fold in the mini m&m candies and chocolate chips.
- You can make cookie dough balls with a cookie scoop. Then place on wax paper and allow the little bite doughs to set up. Then store in a container. So you can grab and eat the monster cookie dough bites.
- Feel free to double or even triple the recipe if you love cookie dough and know it will be eaten quickly.
- A stand or electric mixer will help ensure the dough gets fully mixed and creates that light and fluffy texture when you bite into it.
- Use gluten free one-to-one flour if desired.
Store the cookie dough in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up 4-5 days.
You can use this dough to make cookies but since they have ha no eggs or leavening agent like baking powder or baking soda, they will be very flat. If you don’t mind that, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper so they are less likely to burn and enjoy. (you can also skip the baking of the flour and oats)
If you like this recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe below. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram!
Monster Cookie Dough
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup quick oats
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk if needed
- ½ cup mini M&Ms
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread out the flour and oats on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until the flour is lightly browned around the edges. (you should check the temperature with an instant read thermometer to make sure it reaches 165° F)
- Allow the flour and oats to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, peanut butter, and butter and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed for at least 2 minutes, until fluffy. (you can also use the bowl of a stand mixer)
- Then add the vanilla extract and blend in.
- Add in the oats and flour mixture in small batches mixing it in on low speed. Continue mixing just until there are no large clumps of flour remaining.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of milk of choice if the dough is too dry.
- Gently stir in the M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Enjoy as a dip or by the spoonful.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected
Leave a Reply