These Peanut Butter Cookies are made without sugar but with honey instead for a wonderful healthier version. They are quick to make in less than 20 minutes!
The ingredients for these Peanut Butter Cookies are pretty basic: flour, peanut butter, honey, egg, butter, vanilla extract, and a little salt and baking soda. This recipe will make a batch of 24 cookies that are simply the best soft, chewy cookie!
I used Whole Wheat Pastry Flour in this recipe. Whole wheat pastry flour is made from soft white wheat instead of the hard red wheat that regular whole wheat flour is milled from.
It’s a wonderful way to add a little more nutrition into your yummy baking without the dense, heaviness regular whole wheat flour can tend to turn out. (everything except breads that is. It does not do well with recipes that use yeast) And boy, does it make for fluffy cookies!!
If you prefer to use all-purpose flour it is absolutely fine too.
Make these cookies is as simple as it gets. I do like to line a baking sheet with parchment paper so the cookies don’t stick. You can spray the cookie sheet with oil as well.
Scoop about 2 TBSP of a ball of dough and place on baking sheet about 1 inch apart and the do he traditional flattening of each ball with a fork, making a crisscross pattern on each. They only take about 10-12 minutes to bake and you’re ready to dive in!
Be sure to try these other delicious Cookie recipes too:
Peanut Butter Honey Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour For gluten free, use oat flour or gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all natural peanut butter
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter softened or coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium size bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter, honey, butter, egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and stir gently until combined.
- Scoop about 2 TBSP of ball of dough and place on baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- flatten each ball with a fork, making a crisscross pattern on each.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.