These Peanut Butter Cookies are made without sugar but with honey instead for a wonderful healthier version. They are quick to make in less than 20 minutes!
The ingredients for these Peanut Butter Cookies are pretty basic: flour, peanut butter, honey, egg, butter, vanilla extract, and a little salt and baking soda. This recipe will make a batch of 24 cookies that are simply the best soft, chewy cookie!
I used Whole Wheat Pastry Flour in this recipe. Whole wheat pastry flour is made from soft white wheat instead of the hard red wheat that regular whole wheat flour is milled from.
It’s a wonderful way to add a little more nutrition into your baking without the dense, heaviness regular whole wheat flour can tend to turn out. (everything except breads that is. It does not do well with recipes that use yeast) But boy, does it make for fluffy cookies!!
If you prefer to use all-purpose flour it is absolutely fine as well.
Make these cookies is as simple as it gets. I do like to line a baking sheet with parchment paper so the cookies don’t stick. You can spray the cookie sheet with oil as well.
Scoop about 2 tablespoon of a ball of dough and place on baking sheet about 1 inch apart and the do he traditional flattening of each ball with a fork, making a crisscross pattern on each. They only take about 10-12 minutes to bake.
The cookies will still be soft when you take them out of the oven. Let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely and you’re ready to dive in!
Can I freeze these cookies?
Yes! If you make a big batch and want to freeze some for later just place them in an airtight freezer bag or container. Then let them thaw at room temperature when ready to eat.
Peanut Butter Honey Cookies
- 1 ¾ cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour For gluten free, use oat flour or gluten free flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all natural peanut butter
- ¾ cup honey
- ¼ cup butter softened or coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium size bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter, honey, butter, egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and stir gently until combined.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoon of ball of dough and place on baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- flatten each ball with a fork, making a crisscross pattern on each.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected