These Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies are the most asked for cookie in our house! Thay are made with NO sugar, NO flour, NO eggs and NO butter. Just the BEST chocolatey goodness with every bite.
How can something with so many healthy swaps taste so darn good? These Chocolate Chip cookies are honestly one of the best cookies I have ever eaten! Really!
My sister-in-law introduced us to them over Christmas a few years ago. Now they are the absolute favorite cookie! How do you judge the best cookie ever? By just how fast they disappear off the plate when it’s placed on the table.
The natural ingredients are what make these cookies healthier. Almond meal flour or oat flour in place of white flour. maple syrup in place of refined sugar and coconut oil in place of butter. Plus we can’t forget the almond butter that makes them the perfect crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
Pro tip: If you use coconut oil be sure to just melt it not “heat” it too much. If it does get hot, let it cool a little before mixing other ingredients in.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
½ cup of creamy all-natural Almond butter
¾ cup of maple syrup
1 teaspoon of molasses
1 ½ tablespoon of vanilla
¼ cup of Coconut oil or Canola oil
2 Cups of Almond Meal Flour or oat flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill brand)
1 ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
2 teaspoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of sea salt
½ cup of chocolate chips (my favorite is Ghirardelli)
How to Make Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
Mix the almond meal flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Mix the almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and molasses in a separate bowl.
Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Be careful not to over mix.
Scoop a tablespoon of dough onto the parchment paper.
Bake for 11 – 13 minutes.
Let the cool on the cookie sheet for a minute or so and then transfer to a cooling rack……Or put them on a plate and dare yourself NOT to eat them all!
Try these other healthier dessert recipes too:
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup creamy Almond butter
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 ½ tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup Coconut oil or Canola oil
- 2 Cups Almond Meal Flour or Oat Flour (I use Red Mill brand)
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips my favorite is Ghirardelli
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Mix the almond meal flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and molasses in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Be careful not to over mix.
- Scoop a tablespoon of dough onto the parchment paper.
- Bake for 11 - 13 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for a minute or so and then transfer to a cooling rack......Or put them on a plate and dare yourself NOT to eat them all!
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected