Strawberry cookies are the easiest way to make yourself a quick and easy sweet treat. With just 5 minutes of prep time and 8 minutes of bake time, you can enjoy soft strawberry cookies anytime!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE?
Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox! (plus more new recipes sent weekly!)
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
What do you do when you want cookies but only have a mix for cake? You still make the amazingly easy cookies!
These strawberry cookies are made with just that. A boxed cake mix. This eliminates the need for a laundry list of ingredients including things like baking powder and the rest of the dry ingredients, and brings it down to just 4. The mix, oil, eggs, and white chocolate chips. It means that there’s no need to worry about measuring ingredients or mistakenly using too much flour.
Everything is all made in one bowl, mixed by hand, and as drop cookies go, there’s no chilling or rolling needed. The bonus is, you get fresh delicious cookies ready in 15 minutes!
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this recipe. Scroll down to the full recipe card with amounts.
- Strawberry cake mix – any brand works.
- Canola oil
- Large eggs – start with room temperature ingredients. Bring your eggs out about 30 minutes before you begin baking.
- White chocolate chips
1. You can swap the oil for melted butter for that buttery flavor, or another oil like vegetable oil, softened coconut oil or grapeseed oil. Using oils that are liquid at room temperature will usually result in cookies with more moisture, however butter has an unmistakable delicious flavor.
2. If using a 12.25 oz box of cake mix, increase the oil to ½ cup.
3. Use semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips instead of white chocolate. Or omit the chocolate chips altogether.
4. Top your fluffy cookies with sprinkles before baking.
5. Drizzle with melted chocolate after baking.
6. Use a different-sized cookie scoop to make them either smaller or larger in size.
7. This recipe works with any of your favorite flavor of cake mix!
How to Make this Recipe
They’re so easy to whip up on a whim, and the adorable pink color of these cookies flecked with white chocolate chips makes them the perfect dessert for Valentine’s Day, Easter, a wedding shower, a baby shower, or any pink-themed birthday party.
Step 1: Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs in a large bowl until barely combined.
Step 2: Fold in the white chocolate chips.
Step 3: Use a 1 ½ Tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the dough and drop it onto one of the two prepared baking sheets.
Step 4: Press a few extra chocolate chips into the tops of the cookie dough balls for presentation.
Step 5: Bake for 8-10 minutes in a preheated oven set to 350° F. Once baked, allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. They will have a soft center just out of the oven, but they will continue to set as they cool.
These pink cookies are soft and fluffy, loaded with fresh strawberry flavor, and simply delightful. Especially when it’s not even strawberry season!
- To elevate these strawberry cookies a bit more,
- you can dip the tops or even just half of the cookies in white melting chocolate and add some festive sprinkles to the chocolate before it sets.
- Or, roll the dough around in white granulated sugar before baking or sprinkle with a little powdered sugar for a little extra sweetness.
- Cake mix cookies are the perfect cookies to have with frosting. Skip the chocolate chips or the melted chocolate idea and spread a little cream cheese frosting, strawberry frosting, strawberry buttercream, or vanilla frosting on top instead.
- Adding some vanilla extract to the cookie dough is never a bad idea!
- Throw in some chopped fresh strawberries or freeze-dried strawberries for a little bit of that real strawberry flavor.
- I recommend avoiding using a hand mixer unless you need it. It doesn’t take much at all for this dough to come together, and mixing by hand is easier to avoid overmixing.
Store these easy strawberry cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days.
To freeze the cookies, keep them layered with parchment paper in a freezer bag or freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Take out and thaw only what you are going to eat! You can also freeze cookie dough in balls too. I like to flash freeze them on a cookie sheet and then place them in a container with parchment paper between layers. Then bake them directly from the freezer and add a couple extra minutes to the baking time.
- 13.25 ounce box strawberry cake mix
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup white chocolate chips divided
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, oil, and eggs and mix until just barely combined.13.25 ounce box strawberry cake mix, ⅓ cup canola oil, 2 large eggs
- Add ⅔ cup of white chocolate chips and gently stir into the cake batter.1 cup white chocolate chips
- Using a 1 ½ tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto the lined baking sheets
- Press the remaining ⅓ cup of chocolate chips into the tops of each cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected