These healthy Turkey Meatballs are perfect along with homemade Marinara sauce. Serve over spaghetti squash for a fabulous clean eating meal.
Healthy Turkey Meatballs
I make these wonderful, healthy Turkey Meatballs to go along with our Homemade Marinara sauce a lot. My kids ask for them weekly!
They are made with simple ingredients and are baked to make them the healthiest option. I do add parmesan cheese to mine because I like the extra flavor it gives the meatballs. But you can omit the cheese if your’d like for lower calories.
They are the perfect to have by themselves for a “Clean Eating” lunch with a veggie or fruit of your choice as well. Another way I like to eat them is with a little balsamic vinegar drizzled over them with a side of avocado. 🙂
Turkey Meatballs Ingredients
Makes 12 Meatballs
1 package of lean ground turkey meat (at least 93%)
1/2 cup of plain panko bread crumbs (or substitute oats for gluten free version)
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
1 small onion, chopped very fine or 2 TBSP of minced onions
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 TBSP of liquid egg whites or 1 Large egg
3 TBSP of ketchup
1 TBSP of dry basil
1/4 tsp of black pepper
How to Make Turkey Meatballs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together thoroughly in a medium size bowl.
3. Form into about 2 inch balls and place in a 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
4. Cook for 40 – 45 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.
Turkey Meatballs Recipe
- 16 ounces lean ground turkey meat at least 93%
- 1/2 cup of plain panko bread crumbs (gluten free is desired)
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion chopped very fine or 2 TBSP of minced onions
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 TBSP of liquid egg whites or 1 Large egg
- 3 TBSP of ketchup
- 1 TBSP of dry basil
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly in a medium size bowl.
- Form into about 2 inch balls and place in a 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
- Cook for 40 - 45 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.