This brownie batter dip is decadent, chocolatey goodness that is perfect for dipping your favorite cookies, crackers and fruits. It’s an easy appetizer to make with a boxed brownie mix blended with cream cheese, powdered sugar, and mini chocolate chips.
It’s a fun chocolate dip that is one of our most requested dips to treat yourself and satisfy your sweet tooth. Like this Monster Cookie Dough dip, it’s a great sweet snack!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox! (plus more yummy recipes sent weekly!)
Table of contents
Edible Brownie Batter
Serve this easy dessert dip on a serving dish surrounded with graham crackers, pretzels, animal crackers, vanilla wafer cookies or fresh fruit like strawberries.
This treat is wonderful for parties, baby showers, bridal showers, potluck events, and birthday’s.
Box Brownie Mix – Use any boxed brand you prefer.
Cream Cheese – Make sure to use softened cream cheese for this dip. It will create that ultra creamy texture.
Butter – You need to use real butter not margarine. Unsalted butter is what we prefer.
Powdered Sugar – If your powdered sugar has quite a few lumps, just run it through a sifter first to help allow your raw brownie batter dip to be super velvety smooth.
Milk – I used a whole milk as it creates a really rich flavor. But if you need go ahead and use a plant-based milk if needed.
Mini Chocolate Chips – I used mini chips as they are great for snacking on. I reserved some for topping the brownie dip.
1. Instead of mini chips you can use mini M&M’s, Reese’s Pieces, coconut flakes or chopped nuts.
2. Swap mini chocolate chips with white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or toffee bits for a fun twist.
3. Stir in some mini marshmallows.
4. Add up to 8 oz container of Cool Whip to create a fluffier texture.
5. Drizzle with a caramel sauce or hot fudge and top with nuts.
How to Make this Dip Recipe
Step 1 – Start by heat treating the brownie mix. Preheat the oven and line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Then spread the brownie mix out and bake as directed.
Then allow the brownie mixture to cool on the baking sheet.
Step 2 – In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and butter and cream on medium speed with an electric mixer.
Step 3 – Next add in the powdered sugar and blend well.
Step 3 – Then add brownie mix and ¼ cup of milk and mix well.
Step 4 – Once the dip is mixed, gently fold in the mini chocolate chips. Then scoop into a bowl and top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer will help get you a really creamy brownie batter dip. You can use a whisk and a large mixing bowl to mix by hand if you need.
- Softened butter and softened cream cheese are a must. Sit the butter and cream cheese to come to room temperature.
- We used a full-fat cream cheese but you are welcome to reach for a lower fat.
- Cover the chocolate dessert dip with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and store in the fridge until you are ready to serve it up.
- Any brand of brownie mixes works for this recipe. It is all about your personal preference.
- I recommend a variety of dippers around the dip to let guests pick and choose how they want.
For this easy chocolate dessert, you will want to store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If your container doesn’t have a lid cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. The dip can store for 2-4 days in the fridge.
This is a cold dip so make sure that you serve it chilled.
Heat treating the brownie mix in the oven is going to kill off any food borne illnesses you can get from eating raw flour. You can also cook the flour in the microwave, just follow the directions in the recipe card below.
While raw eggs are a risk, you have to remember that raw flour offers similar illnesses so it is important to heat the flour for this delicious dessert dip.
Brownie Batter Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- ¼ to ½ cup milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips plus more for topping
Heat treat the brownie mix
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread out the brownie mix on the baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes1 box fudge brownie mix
- You can also place it in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 1 ½ minutes, stirring every 20 seconds.
Making the dip
- In a mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese and butter and beat on medium speed until smooth.8 ounces cream cheese, ½ cup unsalted butter
- Then add in the powdered sugar and blend until combined.1 cup powdered sugar
- Add the brownie mix and ¼ cup milk and beat until mixed thoroughly.¼ to ½ cup milk
- If the dip is too thick, add more milk a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
- Gently stir in the mini chocolate chips.1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pour the dip into a dish and top with additional chocolate chips if desired.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected