Baked Chicken Tenders are an easy, healthier version to fried chicken tenders. They are so crispy and the added parmesan cheese gives them extra flavor.
BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS
My mother-in-law is infamous for her chicken parmesan in our family. It’s a tradition that when we come visit she will make it for us to eat the night we arrive.
It’s funny how kids pick up on the tradition and then kind of expect it / look so forward to it that they start asking the week we are going if we are having Chicken Parm.
She has been making her chicken cutlets with chicken tenders for years. They turn out so wonderful, crunchy and juicy! But she does fry them.
I have been searching for healthier recipe to make fabulous and crunchy chicken tenders and/or chicken cutlets for a really, really long time. Last night I finally made them! And boy were they delicious!
These chicken tenders are baked and turned out with the crispiness and juiciness of fried. I will certainly be making these every single time now.
They will also be perfect to make Chicken Parmesan as well with my favorite homemade marinara sauce!
BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS INGREDIENTS
4 cups plain panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
4 large eggs
3 pounds chicken tenders (2 packages)
½ cup all-purpose flour
HOW TO BAKE CHICKEN TENDERS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Toss the panko and oil on a baking sheet with a rim.
Bake for about 5 – 10 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until it is a deep golden brown. (it only took about 6 minutes to get it like to look like this)
Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F
Let the panko cool completely.
Crush the panko a little by squeezing handfuls. This will help the crumbs stick better to the chicken.
Add the Parmesan cheese to the panko and mix well.
Place the flour in a zip lock or grocery bag and add the chicken to it and shake, shake, shake to coat well.
Whisk eggs in a bowl.
Dip chicken pieces in the egg, then coat with the panko, pressing to adhere.
Place the chicken on a wire rack that is placed on a rimmed baking sheet.
Bake the chicken tenders for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping once, until cooked through.
Crunchy Baked Chicken Tenders
- 4 cups plain panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 3 pounds chicken tenders 2 small packages
- ½ cup all-purpose flour or gluten free choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the panko and oil on a baking sheet with a rim.
- Bake for about 5 - 10 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until it is a deep golden brown.
- Let cool completely. Crush the panko a little by squeezing handfuls. This will help the crumbs stick better to the chicken.
- Add the Parmesan cheese to the panko and mix well.
- Place the flour in a zip lock or grocery bag and add the chicken to it and shake, shake, shake to coat well.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces in the egg, then coat with the panko, pressing to adhere.
- Place the chicken on a wire rack that is placed on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping once, until cooked through.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected
Adapted and inspired by Martha Stewart