Instant Pot Ham is one of the easiest recipes! In less than 20 minutes this tender, juicy brown sugar ham with pineapples is ready and on the dinner table at big holiday dinners like Thanksgiving, Christmas dinner, or Easter dinner.
Serve this easy ham recipe with a broccoli or asparagus and one of these popular potato side dishes. Scalloped potatoes, Southern Potato salad or Crockpot loaded mashed potatoes.
Table of contents
Easy Pressure Cooker Ham
Pressure cooking ham not only frees up oven space but it locks in the moisture so you don’t have to worry about a dry ham at your next holiday meal or special occasion. It also saves you time and cleanup! It’s so great, you may never cook ham any other way.
This recipe uses a fully cooked spiral ham that is flavored with the simple ingredients of pineapple and brown sugar. It’s a delicious ham that’s easy enough for everyday family dinners too.
If you’re lucky, you will have great leftovers to make infamous ham sandwiches (I love it on this quick sourdough bread recipe with dijon mustard), in bean soup or old fashioned ham salad.
Sliced Ham – Use a small, boneless fully cooked ham for this recipe. I used a 3.5 pound “Anytime” Ham and it fit perfectly 6-Quart Instant Pot Duo
Brown Sugar – use light or dark brown sugar.
Pineapple Slices – The sweet pineapple flavor complements the salty ham perfectly.
Can I Use a Bone-In Ham?
Yes, you certainly can. If you choose a bone it ham increase the pressure cooking time to 15 minutes and then let the pressure naturally release completely which takes about 20 more minutes.
1. Swap the brown sugar for maple syrup or honey.
2. Omit the pineapples and use orange juice or chicken broth instead.
3. Make it without pineapple out if you are not a fan.
4. Sprinkle a little cinnamon or nutmeg over top.
How to Cook a Ham in an Instant Pot
Step 1 – Place the trivet insert into the bottom of the pot and pour ½ cup of water into the Instant Pot.
Step 2 – Place the ham on the trivet and sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the ham, place pineapple slices around the sides of the ham and pour the pineapple juice over top.
Step 3 – Place the lid on and turn the valve to the “sealing” position and set the pressure cooker on Manual – High Pressure and set the cooking time to 10 minutes.
Step 4 – After cooking, allow the pressure to natural release for 5 minutes and then quick release the remaining pressure by carefully turning the valve on top to the “venting” position. Be very careful to keep hands clear of the steam which is very hot. (Place a small towel over top if desired)
How to Make a Brown Sugar Glaze, Optional
Remove the ham and pineapple from the Instant Pot and set aside on a platter and cover with aluminum foil.
Whisk 2 teaspoons of cornstarch in 2 teaspoon of water then whisk it into the remaining ham juice.
Turn the Instant Pot to saute mode.
Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until the glaze has thickened.
Pour the glaze into a small bowl and serve over the ham slices
- Buy a larger ham depending on the size of your instant pot and adjust the time about 1-2 minutes per additional pound to heat it completely through.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Place the ham on a microwave-safe plate and place a damp paper towel over top. Heat for 30 seconds just until heating through.
If you like this recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe below. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram!
Instant Pot Ham
- 3-4 pound boneless ham fully cooked sliced
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 20 ounces Pineapple Slices one can in 100% Juice
- Place the trivet insert into the bottom of the Instant Pot and pour ½ cup of water into the Instant Pot.
- Place the ham on the trivet and sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the ham.¼ cup light brown sugar, 3-4 pound boneless ham
- Next, place the pineapple slices around the sides of the ham and pour the pineapple juice over the ham.20 ounces Pineapple Slices
- Place the lid on and turn the valve to the “sealing” position.
- Set the pressure cooker on Manual – High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- After cooking, allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure by carefully turning the valve on top to the “venting” position. Be very careful to keep hands clear of the steam which is very hot. (Place a small towel over top if desired)
Make a glaze (optional)
- Remove the ham and pineapple from the Instant Pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute mode and whisk 2 teaspoons of cornstarch into the liquid.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until the glaze has thickened.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected
Leave a Reply