Sausage Stuffing Recipe
Stuffing is one those side dishes that I wish I made much more often than I do. It goes so great with the slow cooker turkey breast and is so easy to make. It’s nice that you can get a really wonderful flavored stuffing without having to stuff a turkey.
This stuffing recipe has the basic cubed bread, onion and herbs. But I love adding sausage, mushrooms and chicken stock as well. It is packed full of flavor and will certainly get a thumbs up from your dinner guests.
How to Make Sausage Stuffing
Sausage Stuffing Recipe
- 12 oz of pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 ounces mushrooms quartered
- 3 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 24 ounces white bread loaf cut into ¾ cubes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the sausage about 8-10 minutes, until no longer pink, breaking it apart as you cook. Set aside.
- Add the oil and onions to the pan and saute until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, sage, poultry seasoning and pepper and saute until mushrooms are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Break the eggs in a separate little bowl and beat.
- In a large bowl, mix the veggies, sausage, and bread in a large bowl and mix in the stock and beaten eggs until all of the bread is moist.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes the remove the foil and continue cooking until the top turns golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected
Great recipe. Love it, family favorite
Your Sausage Stuffing looks awesome! What a great syrup to have on hand with winter coming on. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday. Come to next weeks Thanksgiving party on Tuesday at 8:00 am, CST, see you then!
Thank you for such great recipes… Seems that I love them all…!!
Can’t wait to try many of them!!!
Have a Joyful Holiday Season!!!
I’ve always wanted to try a sausage Stuffing, NOW I will.. Thanks and may God bless all throughout this holiday season!!! Teresa Tucker