Sausage Stuffing Recipe
Stuffing is one those side dishes that I wish I made much more often than I do. It goes so great with the slow cooker turkey breast and is so easy to make. It’s nice that you can get a really wonderful flavored stuffing without having to stuff a turkey.
This stuffing recipe has the basic cubed bread, onion and herbs. But I love adding sausage, mushrooms and chicken stock as well. It is packed full of flavor and will certainly get a thumbs up from your dinner guests.
How to Make Sausage Stuffing
Sausage Stuffing Recipe
- 12 ounces pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 ounces mushrooms quartered
- 3 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dry sage
- 24 ounces white bread loaf cut into ¾ cubes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a non-stick pan, cook the sausage about 8-10 minutes, until no longer pink, breaking it apart as you cook. Remove the sausage from the pan and place it in a bowl.12 ounces pork sausage
- Add the oil and onions to the pan and saute until tender, about 10 minutes.1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 medium onion
- Then, add the mushrooms, garlic, sage, poultry seasoning and pepper and sauté until the mushrooms are tender, about 10-12 minutes.2 cloves garlic, 4 ounces mushrooms, 3 tablespoon poultry seasoning, 1 tablespoon dry sage, salt and pepper to taste
- Break the eggs in a separate small bowl and whisk completely.2 large eggs
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked sausage, cooked vegetable mixture, and bread and stir to combine.24 ounces white bread, 2 cups chicken stock
- Add in the chicken stock and beaten eggs and stir until all of the bread is moist.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected