Slow Cooker Candied Nuts are so easy to make with a wonderful blend of mixed nuts coated in a cinnamon sugar mixture. A great snack or topping, they are a fun tradition to make every holiday season!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE?
Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox! (plus more new recipes sent weekly!)
Cinnamon Sugar Nuts in the Crockpot
Using simple ingredients, this candied nuts recipe transforms everyday nuts into a holiday treat that’s irresistible! They also make perfect homemade holiday gifts for friends too. I love to pack them in glass jars (like mason jars) or cellophane bags with a cute gift tag and ribbon!
Not only are they great to eat alone, they are so delicious to add as a topping for salads like this spinach strawberry salad, or on your favorite ice cream or even to added to a trail mix with raisins, craisins, chocolate chips and &m’s .
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this recipe. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card with amounts.
- Mixed Nuts – the foundation of this recipe.
- Brown Sugar & Granulated Sugar – creates the perfect sweet coating with a hint of caramel-like depth.
- Egg Whites – They help the cinnamon mixture stick to the nuts. I use fresh egg whites
- Ground Cinnamon – brings in the seasonal warmth.
- Vanilla Extract & Salt – enhances the overall flavor. Use regular or sea salt.
1. Use any kind of nuts you’d like. Make candied pecans or candied walnuts.
2. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper for a spicy kick.
3. Swap vanilla extract with almond extract for a different aroma.
4. Add other spices like a nutmeg or ginger.
5. Use maple syrup in place of granulated sugar for a richer flavor.
6. For a vegan version, use aquafaba instead of egg whites.
How to Make this Candied Nut Recipe
Step 1: In a medium bowl, add the brown and white sugar, egg whites, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt and whisk together well.
Step 2: In a large bowl, add the nuts and pour the sugar mixture over top and gently toss until the nuts are evenly coated.
Step 3: Spray the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray and add the coated nuts.
Step 4: Cook on low heat 2 to 3 hours, stirring every 20 minutes or so.
Step 4: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the cooked nut mixture onto it in a single layer to cool and get crispy.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Place the nuts in a single layer on the cookie sheet when cooling for even crispiness.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week or refrigerate for two weeks.
Yes, after they have cooled completely you can place them in an airtight container and freezer up to 2-3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
Slow Cooker Candied Nuts
- 6 cups mixed nuts
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the sugars, egg whites, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt and whisk together well.¾ cup brown sugar, ¾ cup granulated sugar, 2 egg whites, 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, add the nuts and pour the sugar mixture over top and gently toss until the nuts are evenly coated.6 cups mixed nuts
- Spray the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray and place the nuts in.
- Cook on low 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the cooked nuts onto it in a single layer to cool.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected