September is here and my crock pot has been calling my name! Even though our temperatures are still pretty warm during the day, we have been waking up to high 40’s and low 50’s for several days. That cool, fresh air just does something to my spirit. I absolutely love it!
Now I need about 2 months of this weather and I just might be ready for a cold Winter. Maybe.
As of last week we are also back to our busy evening schedules. My daughter goes to gymnastics Monday – Friday nights. Which means I now go to the gym myself at 5 pm. Which means I have to plan ahead for dinner and either cook it by 4 pm so it’s ready to eat when I get back home around 6:30. It does take some getting used to again.
I couldn’t resist yesterday, so a broke out that slow cooker and made this delicious, simple honey garlic chicken. It’s very similar to my homemade Chicken Teriyaki but I think the added hoisin sauce adds a richer flavor.
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 tablespoon minced garlic
½ cup honey
¼ cup soy sauce
⅓ cup Hoisin sauce (found in Asian section of the grocery store)
Sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
In a small bowl, mix the honey, soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, and garlic until combined well.
Pour the sauce over the chicken.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours until the chicken is cooked fully
Remove chicken from the slow cooker.
Stir the sauce and continue to cook with the lid off to thicken (approximately about 10 minutes)
With 2 forks, shred the chicken and then pour the sauce over top.
Garnish with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds if desired.
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup Hoisin sauce found in Asian section of the grocery store
- sliced green onion and toasted sesame seeds optional
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey, soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, and garlic until combined well.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours until the chicken is cooked fully
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker.
- Stir the sauce and continue to cook with the lid off to thicken (approximately about 10 minutes)
- With 2 forks, shred the chicken and then pour the sauce over top.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds if desired.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected