These cute acorn donut holes are super easy no bake dessert made with store-bought donut holes, melted chocolate and any favorite fall sprinkles. They are a perfect fall treat for a school party and for Thanksgiving dessert table.
Easy Acorn Doughnut Holes Recipe
These little acorns are not only a delicious little sweet treat, they’re so easy to make with just 4 ingredients. They actually make a really fun activity for a little kids halloween party or fall themed parties too.
- Glazed donut holes – you can pick them up at a local donut shop, Dunkin’ Donut, Krispy Kreme or sometimes in grocery stores.
- Chocolate candy melts – To create the acorn cap. Ghirardelli is my favorite.
- Fall sprinkles – I like colorful sprinkles but you can also use regular chocolate sprinkles too.
- Pretzel sticks – break a small pretzel stick in half for the stem
1. Roll the donut holes in orange and red color coarse sugar or in chopped pecans or peanuts for added texture and nutty flavor.
2. Use chocolate frosting or Nutella instead of melted chocolate if you’d like.
3. Use milk chocolate chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips or even white chocolate instead of melting wafers.
4. Make your own donuts easily as well.
How to Make this Donut Hole Acorn Recipe
Step 1 – In a small microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate melts and heat for 30 seconds. Then stir and repeat another 30 seconds and stir again. Continue this process if necessary for another 15-20 seconds, but be careful not to overheat or the chocolate can seize and be unusable.
Step 2 – Dip the top of each donut hole into the melted chocolate. Quickly add your choice of sprinkles and place them on a plate or baking sheet to set. You either sprinkle them or place the sprinkles in a small bowl and gently dip them.
Step 3 – After allowing the chocolate to harden for a few minutes, break each pretzel stick in half. Insert the broken off end into the chocolate-dipped top of the donut hole, for the acorn’s stem.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler if you’d prefer. Be careful not to let any water get into it or it may cause it to seize as well.
- For a smoother finish, add a teaspoon or 2 of vegetable oil or coconut oil to the melted chocolate if needed.
These donut holes can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4-5 days, but they rarely last that long!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE?
Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox! (plus more new recipes sent weekly!)
Acorn Donut Holes
- 24 glazed donut holes
- 10 ounces dark chocolate melts Ghirardelli is my favorite
- Fall sprinkles
- 12 pretzel sticks
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate melts and heat for on 30 seconds. Then stir and repeat another 30 seconds and stir again. Repeat if necessary. Be careful not to overheat or it can seize.10 ounces dark chocolate melts
- Dip the top of each donut hole into the melted chocolate and quickly sprinkle with sprinkles and place on a plate.24 glazed donut holes, Fall sprinkles
- Allow the chocolate to set for a few minutes.
- Break each pretzel stick in half and stick the broken off end into the chocolate dipped end.12 pretzel sticks
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected