These Blueberry Bran Muffins are deliciously moist and fluffy. A perfect low-fat breakfast or snack option with added fiber.
While in North Carolina last week, my sister-in-law made these Blueberry Bran Muffins for us to take to the beach and have for breakfast. My mother actually gave us this recipe a while ago but I have never gotten around to making them. I am so glad my SIL did! They are so incredibly moist and yummy!
The muffins are started by soaking the bran cereal in orange juice, water and vanilla extract for a few minutes to soften the flakes. TheN mixing in a little oil and an egg and then adding in the mixed dry ingredients.
Super simple! They were the perfect addition to my yogurt parfait each morning.
1 cup of All Bran cereal
¾ cup water
½ cup orange juice
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoon of melted coconut oil or canola oil
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
In a large mixing bowl, mix cereal, water, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla extract.
Let cereal mixture soften for 5-10 minutes
Add oil and egg and mix well.
In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until blended.
Fold in 1 cup blueberries
Add nuts if desired
Line muffin tin with cups and coat with oil.
Divide batter into cups.
Bake at 375 F for approx. 18-20 minutes.
Blueberry Bran Muffins
- 1 cup All Bran cereal
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour or gluten free flour
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts optional
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cereal, water, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla extract.
- Let cereal mixture soften for 5-10 minutes
- Add oil and egg and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until blended.
- Fold in 1 cup blueberries
- Add nuts if desired
- Line muffin tin with cups and coat with oil.
- Divide batter into cups.
- Bake at 375 F for approx. 18-20 minutes.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected