This White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe is spectacular! It’s packed with fresh ingredients as well as 2 secret ingredients that the flavors extra special.
White Bean Chicken Chili
This White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe is seriously one of the best I have ever had! I got the recipe from a childhood friend’s grandmother’s personal cookbook. I love thinking where some of my favorite recipes come from.
It’s a colorful blend of veggies and 2 special, secret ingredients that just make the flavor extra special! It reminds me of a Mexican Mole sauce kind of.
You can actually make this in the slow cooker as well! place the vegetables on the bottom and then place chicken on top. Place all other ingredients in next and cook for 4 hours on high.
How to Make Chicken Chili
Bake Chicken Breasts in 2 TBSP of Olive Oil at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
Heat 3 TBSP of olive oil in a cooking pot. Add the onion and garlic and saute about 10 minutes.
Add the bell peppers and jalapeno peppers and saute another 10 minutes.
Stir in Chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and pepper.
When chicken is done, shred or cut into 1-inch pieces.
Add the chicken, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, beans, and beer to the pot and stir to combine.
Simmer over medium heat for about 20-30 minutes.
Stir in grated chocolate.
Garnish with your favorite toppings.
What are Chicken Chili toppings
Seriously my go-to topping for any chili shredded cheddar cheese and a little plain greek yogurt (or sour cream of course)! But there are several other great options like avocado, scallions, olives, shredded lettuce, and even crushed up tortillas chips
Chicken Chili Recipe
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium sweet red bell peppers or 1 Red and one Yellow, seeded, cored and diced.
- 2 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon *secret ingredient #1
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes one large can or 2 smaller cans
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes one can
- 30 ounces northern white beans, low sodium preferably (2) 15 ounce cans
- 1 cup beer
- 1/4 cup grated unsweetened chocolate *secret ingredient #2
- Light Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced Scallions
- Diced Avocado
- Bake Chicken Breasts in 2 TBSP of Olive Oil at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Heat 3 TBSP of olive oil in cooking pot. Add the onion and garlic and saute about 10 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and jalapeno peppers and saute another 10 minutes.
- Stir in Chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and pepper.
- When chicken is done, shred or cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Add the chicken, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, beans and beer to the pot and stir to combine.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in grated chocolate.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings.