This White Chicken Chili recipe is so easy to make and is ready in as little as 30 minutes. It’s made with shredded chicken, white beans, broth, and salsa verde for a healthy, robust chili that everyone loves.
Chili is one of those recipes that is loved all year long in our house. Not only do we love traditional beef chili but also this White Bean Chili Chicken made with tomato base.
How to Make the Best White Chicken Chili
As far as easy recipes goes, this chili recipe is at the top! There are several options for the chicken that is used in this recipe. You can bake 2 chicken breasts in the oven for about 30 minutes, saute the chicken in a pan on the stove until no longer pink, or even use a store bought rotisserie chicken. I like to pulse chicken quickly in a food processor to get it perfectly shredded.
Using a rotisserie chicken or even already prepared frozen crockpot chicken makes it possible to be enjoying this recipe in 20 minutes!
Add chicken broth, cooked shredded chicken, beans, salsa and cumin to a medium saucepan, and stir to combine.
I use White Northern Beans in this recipe, but Cannellini beans are great as well.
The addition of the jar of salsa verde is such an easy way to get bold flavors of garlic, green chilis and tomatillos quickly and with less ingredients.
Heat over medium-high heat until boiling, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for at least 5 minutes.
Serve warm with desired toppings like avocado, shredded cheese, fresh chopped cilantro, sour cream, etc. It’s also great to add a few crushed tortilla chips to the top as well.
Make a double batch of this soup to freeze for those nights when you don’t feel like cooking or you are running late and need a healthy meal.
Can You Make White Chicken Chili in a Crockpot?
Yes, White Chicken Chili can easily be made in the crockpot.
Add the beans, chicken broth, cumin and salsa verde to the crockpot.
Then place the raw chicken breasts.
Cook on high 3 hours or low 5 – 6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
After cooking, shred the chicken with 2 forks. (or remove the chicken a shred in a food processor)
Try these other Soup Recipes as well:
Easy White Chicken Chili
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken 2 large boneless breasts
- 2 15 ounce cans Great Northern beans drained
- 16 oz salsa verde salsa
- 3 teaspoon ground cumin
- Optional Toppings fresh chopped cilantro, avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, finely sliced green onions.
- In a baking dish, bake chicken breasts in the oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes covered or in a pan on stove top until no longer pink in the center.
- Add chicken broth, shredded chicken, beans, salsa and cumin to a medium saucepan, and stir to combine.
- Heat over medium-high heat until boiling, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with desired toppings.
Inspired by Gimme Some Oven