Perfect for cooler weather, this quick and healthy Creamy Zucchini Soup recipe will certainly hit the spot. It’s made in just 30 minutes with no heavy cream!
It was a very strange but beautiful 80 degrees here last Tuesday. That was right before the next 3 days of cold, dreary rain. One thing that makes that a little better is cooking a delicious new soup recipe and cuddling up in a big comfy chair with a blanket.
This creamy zucchini soup is very quick to make and very healthy too! I love creamy soups but I don’t like using heavy cream. I get basically the exact flavors using flour, broth, and milk instead.
All you have to do to make this soup is sauté the onions and garlic in a little coconut oil. Add the flour, broth, and milk. Then add the grated veggies and seasonings. Then simmer for about 30 minutes.
Pair this zucchini soup with a favorite piece of fruit a great healthy, comforting meal.
How to Make Creamy Zucchini Soup
In a large saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in the coconut oil on medium-high for 5-7 minutes or until the onion is tender.
Stir in the flour and mix until combined well.
Stir in the broth and milk and bring to a boil
Reduce the heat and add the zucchini, carrot, and thyme.
Cook for 30 minutes, or until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
Pro Tip: If you want to make it even more hearty, add a can of white northern beans or lentils.
Use other spices instead of thyme if you’d like. Basil or curry flavors are amazing too.
Try these other great soup recipes too:
Quick and Healthy Creamy Zucchini and Carrot Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 medium zucchini grated
- 10-12 baby carrots or 1 medium carrot grated
- 1 tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in the coconut oil on medium high for 5-7 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Stir in the flour and mix until combined well.
- Stir in the broth and milk and bring to a boil
- Reduce the heat and add the zucchini, carrot and thyme.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally .