These easy no-bake Chocolate Haystacks are chocolatey crunchiness made with 2 ingredients that ready in less than 30 minutes!
I was feeling very nostalgic this weekend. Spending time with my mother over Thanksgiving did that. We did lots of reminiscing about the traditions we remember growing up. One of my memories was my grandmother always made these chocolate haystacks every year at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I haven’t made Haystacks in years and years but I promised my daughter I would introduce her to the wonderfulness of these easy little treats.
You can use whatever chocolate chips you like best. Milk chocolate, semi-sweet, or dark. I made mine with semi-sweet since we love darker chocolates. You can also add your favorite toasted nut like almonds, pecans, cashews. Top with sea salt if you prefer. It’s all delicious!
They are another super dessert to add to your holiday sweets list! Especially if you need something really, really fast.
How to Make Chocolate Haystacks
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Melt chocolate per the directions on the package. I melt mine in the microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring after every 20 seconds.
Add chow mein noodles and nuts too (if desired) to the melted chocolate and carefully combine until they are coating well.
Scoop about a tablespoon of the mixture and drop it onto the parchment paper.
Allow them to cool. I place mine in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. (the freezer would work too for about 10 minutes)
Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
Store in an airtight container.
Try these other no-bake dessert recipes too:
Chocolate Haystacks Recipe
- 24 ounces chocolate chips or bars milk chocolate, semi-sweet or dark
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup your choice of toasted nuts almonds, peanuts, cashews, or pecans (Optional)
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate per the directions on the package.
- Add chow mein noodles and nuts to the melted chocolate and carefully combine until they are coating well.
- Scoop about a tablespoon full of the mixture and drop onto the parchment paper.
- Allow to cool. I place mine in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. (the freezer would work too for about 10 minutes)
- Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container.