One of my favorite things, I’m sure like many of you, is making dinners that are easy and healthy. This Cilantro Lime Chicken is so full of flavor! I was just going to use only zucchini but decided to throw in the spinach as well. And anything with cilantro is extra yummy in my book. I cut the zucchini into julienne pieces. These Mandoline Slicers are awesome for making zucchini spaghetti if you have one. But you could also just dice it up if you wanted instead.
I was also planning on adding corn and great northern beans thinking that I had those ingredients but, dang it, I didn’t. Next time!
2 TBSP of coconut oil or olive oil, divided
3 large zucchini
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
1/2 tsp cumin
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Juice of 1 lime or 2-3 TBSP of lime juice
1 cup of spinach
3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup of corn, optional
1/3 cup of great northern beans, optional
Cilantro Lime Chicken with Zucchini and Spinach
If you are looking for a new clean eating dinner choice, this Cilantro Lime Chicken with Zucchini and Spinach is fabulous and very quick to make.
- 2 TBSP of coconut oil or olive oil divided
- 3 large zucchini
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless skinless, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup of corn optional
- 1/3 cup of great northern beans optional
- Cut zucchini into julienne pieces or chunks or use a spiralizer or mandoline, make the zucchini noodles and set aside in a bowl.
Heat 1 TBSP of oil in a skillet and add chicken. Saute for about 5-7 minutes until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn, garlic, cumin and pepper and cook for another minute.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the other TBSP of coconut oil or olive oil to the pan zucchini noodles. Saute for for about 2- 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the previously cooked chicken and beans and toss to heat for 1 -2 minutes
- Remove from heat and add lime juice and cilantro
- Stir gently and serve hot.
Try these other healthy recipes too.