This Healthy Apple Crisp features all the goodness your expecting with less sugar. Enjoy the warm comfort of this Fall tradition!
Who else craves apple crisp when the Fall weather comes around? This weekend we went on our 1st apple picking day of the season. We are so lucky to live in a town with three really nice apple orchards and have made it a family tradition to go apple picking on one of the first weekends of their season.
With the load of Courtland and Macintosh apples we picked on Saturday comes the fun of making our favorite healthy apple crisp. And we make it a lot this time of year.
It’s so easy and quick to whip up and have baking while eating dinner so it’s all nice and warm for a yummy, healthy dessert.
Ingredients for this Apple Crisp
Apples. sliced thin
Brown sugar or coconut sugar
Oat flour or whole wheat flour
coconut oil butter
How to Make this Apple Crisp
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Remove the skin and core and slice apples. Or use your handy Apple Peeler if you have one)
Place the apples in a glass baking dish.
Mix all the above ingredients together in a bowl. It should be crumbly.
Sprinkle the mixture over sliced apples.
Bake for 30 minutes
Easy Healthy Apple Crisp
- 8 apples sliced thin an apple peeler/ slicer works wonders!
- ½ cup organic coconut sugar or packed brown sugar
- ½ cup oat flour or whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Remove the skin and core and slice apples. Or use your handy Apple Peeler if you have one)
- Place the apples in a glass baking dish.
- Mix all the above ingredients together in a bowl. It should be crumbly.
- Sprinkle the mixture over sliced apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Serve warm.