Who doesn’t love some yummy, festive jello shots?! These delicious, easy to make, and fun Grinch Jello Shots are the perfect way to get parties started this holiday season.
After making these pumpkin pudding shots, I knew that this fun take on a holiday classic would be a hit for all the adults at a Christmas party.
Table of contents
Easy Christmas Jello Shots
Christmas is coming! Looking for an easy and tasty holiday for your next holiday party? Give these green Jello Shots a try! I promise they are a huge hit!
This version takes the warming flavor of peppermint and blends it with a smooth flavor of vanilla vodka creating a wonderful holiday adult treat.
Cold Water – the mix the gelatin in
Unflavored powdered gelatin – found in stores with the Jello boxes.
Green gel food coloring – a must for the classic grinch color.
Peppermint schnapps – I usually use Smirnoff or Dr. McGillicuddy’s.
Vanilla vodka – Pinnacle is my favorite but Smirnoff or Absolut have it as well.
Whipped cream and red sprinkle hearts for garnish – to make the extra fun!
(16) 1-ounce plastic shot glasses or (8) 2-ounce plastic shot cups
1. Vanilla vodka is what makes these jello shots sweetened. You can use plain vodka and add ¼ cup of white sugar to the gelatin and water in step
2. Omit the peppermint schnapps if you’d like and use peppermint extract and increase the to ⅔ cup of vodka .
3. Instead of the unflavored gelatin steps, you can also use 3 ounce box of lime jello, add 1 cup of boiling water and use a ½ – 1 cup of regular vodka (or tequila or white rum)
4. Use a strawberry on top instead of the red heart or simply sprinkle with red sprinkles or sanding sugar.
How to Make these Green Jello Shots
Step 1 – Place shot glasses or plastic cups on a rimmed cookie sheet.
Step 2 – In a medium saucepan, add the water and the gelatin powder and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
Step 3 – Then heat the saucepan over medium-low heat and gently cook it until the gelatin mixture has dissolved. (be careful NOT to bring to a boil!)
Step 4 – Remove the pot from the stove and add in the food coloring and whisk to combine. Add the peppermint schnapps and vodka in as well and stir.
Step 5 – Pour the jello mixture into a large measuring cup or a pitcher with a pour spout and fill the jello shot cups until they are almost full.
Step 6 – Cover cups with their lids or plastic wrap and chill them in the fridge for 4 hours, or until set.
Enjoy as-is or top with whipped cream and a red little sprinkle heart just before serving.
- I used Knox brand powdered unflavored gelatin in this recipe.
- Make them up to 4 days ahead but add the whipped cream and red heart just before serving.
Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If you like this recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe below. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram!
Grinch Jello Shots
- 1 ¼ cups water
- .50 ounces unflavored powdered gelatin
- ⅛ teaspoon green gel food coloring
- ⅓ cup peppermint schnapps
- ⅓ cup vanilla vodka
- Whipped cream and sprinkle hearts for garnish
- 16 1-ounce plastic shot cups or (8) 2-ounce cups
- Place shot glasses or plastic cups on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium pot, add the water and the gelatin powder and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.1 ¼ cups water, .50 ounces unflavored powdered gelatin
- Then heat the saucepan over medium-low heat and gently cook it until the gelatin has dissolved. (be careful NOT to bring to a boil!)
- Remove the pot from the stove and add in the food coloring and whisk to combine.⅛ teaspoon green gel food coloring
- Next add the peppermint schnapps and vanilla vodka and stir to blend.⅓ cup peppermint schnapps, ⅓ cup vanilla vodka
- Pour the mixture into a large glass measuring cup or a pitcher with a pour spout and fill the cups until they are almost full.
- Cover cups with their lids or plastic wrap and chill them in the fridge for 4 hours, or until set.
- Enjoy as is or top with whipped cream and a red little sprinkle heart.Whipped cream and sprinkle hearts, 16 1-ounce plastic shot cups or (8) 2-ounce cups
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected
Leave a Reply