If you love pumpkin pie, fall flavors and boozy desserts, you’ll love this easy Pumpkin Pie Pudding Shots. In less than 10 minutes, you can have a delicious adult drink that is perfect for Halloween parties and Thanksgiving fun.
Table of contents
Pumpkin Pie Pudding Shots
Pudding shots might just be the easiest you’ll drink you’ll ever make. They’re an amazing alcoholic pumpkin dessert is an adult twist on traditional pumpkin pie.
They are so warm, spicy, and are sure to make the perfect Halloween parties (especially Halloween movie watch parties. Where are my Hocus Pocus fans?!) and Thanksgiving cocktails. It’s so delicious you’ll want to make it a tradition every year.
- Milk – your choice of whole or low fat.
- RumChata – for the perfect amount of cinnamon-y kick.
- Pumpkin Spice instant pudding – if you can’t find pumpkin flavored, use vanilla instant pudding and add ½ cup of pumpkin puree and a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
- Cool Whip – thawed to room temperature. Gives it extra creaminess.
- Whipped cream – for the topping
- Sprinkles – for a fun topping. Grab whatever colors you love.
- Plastic 2 ounce cups – this recipe uses 24 cups.
1. Swap the RumChata for Vanilla Vodka, Bailey’s Irish Cream or Fireball.
2. Sprinkle with crushed graham crackers, pumpkin spice or cinnamon, if desired.
3. For more Halloween themed shots, add a drop of green, purple or black food coloring to the whipped cream and top with Halloween sprinkles. So fun!
What is RumChata?
RumChata is a vanilla and cinnamon flavored Caribbean rum liqueur. It’s can be enjoyed over ice, in coffee, and in shots and cocktails like this.
Non-alcoholic Pudding Shots
You can easily make pudding shots non-alcoholic by simply replacing the alcohol with milk. You could also add a drop of rum extract if you like the flavors added.
How to Make these Pudding Shots
Step 1: In a large bowl, add in the pudding mix.
Step 2: In a glass measuring cup or bowl, mix together the milk and RumChata.
Step 3: Whisk together for approximately 2 minutes. (You can also use an electric mixer if desired).
Step 3: Then, gently stir in the Cool Whip until incorporated. (being careful not the over-mix)
Step 4 Using a cookie scoop or small spoon, fill 2 ounce cups with the pudding mixture.
Step 5: Refrigerate for 2 hours or freeze for one hour to set.
Step 6: Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
- Don’t whip the pudding too much or it may be less fluffy.
- Wait until ready to serve to top with the whipped cream, graham cracker crumbs or sprinkles.
- Don’t use real whipped cream. It does not set enough to give the texture we are wanting.
- Sprinkle the whipped cream tops with cinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice.
Store the pudding shots in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.
Pumpkin Pudding Shots
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup RumChata
- 6 ounces Pumpkin Spice instant pudding mix
- 8 oz. Cool Whip thawed to room temperature
- Whipped cream for topping
- Fall sprinkles for topping
- 24 2 oz. plastic cups
- In a large bowl, add in the pudding mix.
- In a glass measuring cup or bowl, mix together the milk and RumChata
- Whisk together for approximately 2 minutes. (You can also use an electric mixer if desired).
- Then, gently stir in the Cool Whip until incorporated. (being careful not the over-mix)
- Using a cookie scoop or small spoon, fill 2 ounce cups with the pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or freeze for one hour to set.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.