These delicious Pumpkin Oreo Balls are fun to make and a perfect treat to serve at your next fall party. Sweet Oreos are turned into a no-bake dessert that is flavored with cream cheese and pumpkin spice.
If your looking for more fall desserts then you have to try this Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake and this Pumpkin Dip. Also, you can’t get into the spirit of fall without trying Pumpkin Delight. Utterly delicious!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE?
Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox! (plus more new recipes sent weekly!)
Easy Pumpkin Spice Oreo Truffles
There is nothing more fun when fall season is upon us than heading to the pumpkin patch, decorating, and making loads of pumpkin recipes.
These Pumpkin Oreo Truffles are so easy to make and are the perfect dessert to get the kids involved in the kitchen. Serve these sweet treats at your next fall or Halloween party, or make a batch to enjoy with the family. Everyone will love them. Delicately flavored with pumpkin spice and decorated with melted orange candy melts, M&M for the leaf and a pretzel stem, one of these pumpkin treats won’t be enough.
Ingredients/ Shopping list
- Golden Oreo Cookies – We used Golden Oreos for this festive treat because of the lighter color. That being said, you can use any flavor of Oreos you want.
- Cream cheese – Softened to room temperature. This will help bind the Oreo crumbs together and helps to add additional flavor.
- Pumpkin pie spice – What pumpkin dessert is complete without this favorite fall flavor? Adding this to the Oreo crumb is GENIUS! Make your own homemade pumpkin pie spice easily.
- Orange candy melts – for the perfect pumpkin color.
- Pretzel sticks – for the pumpkin stems.
- Green M&M’s – for a leaf next to the pumpkin stem.
- Instead of Golden Oreo Cookies you could use regular Oreos or even the pumpkin spice flavored Oreos if you wish. If you use the pumpkin spice Oreo cookies you won’t need to add any additional spice to the cookie crumbs.
- Can’t get hold of any orange candy melts? Melt white chocolate candy melts, white chocolate chips or almond bark instead and add a little orange food coloring to get the desired look.
- If you don’t have pretzel sticks, you could use any pretzel piece and brake into a shape that will work. You could also use other chocolate candy sticks instead.
- Instead of using green M&Ms, you could create some leaves with green fondant icing. Or use any other green candies. You could also make a pumpkin leaf by using green frosting with a frosting tip.
- Add chocolate chips to the Oreo cookie crumb for extra sweetness and flavor.
How to Make Pumpkin Oreo Balls
Step 1 – Place the Oreo cookies in a large bag and crush the cookies with a rolling pin. You can also pulse them in a food processor for a few seconds. This will form the base of your pumpkin balls.
Step 2 – In a large bowl, add the crushed cookies and the softened cream cheese and mix together until completely combined.
Step 3 – Using a 1 ½ inch cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop up the dough and then roll into balls. Place them on a large plate or cookie sheet. Once you have used all of the cookie dough place the rolled balls in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour.
Step 4 – After chilling the Oreo balls, place the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, and then stir. Repeat for another 30 seconds and stir again if necessary.
Step 5 – Dip the Oreo balls in the melted candy coating (tap on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate), then place them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Step 6 – Immediately press a pretzel stick into the top of the cookie ball for the pumpkin stem and add a green M&M next to the pretzel for the leaf.
Step 7– Return the truffles to the refrigerator to chill for another 30 minutes or until the candy has hardened completely.
- You can melt the candy using a double boiler. Check out the package directions for more information.
- It doesn’t matter if you use low-fat or full-fat cream cheese.
- Add a little coconut oil or vegetable oil to the melted candy to create a shiny and glossy orange coating.
- You could use a toothpick to create 5-6 lines along the sides of the ball to create a more pumpkin-like appearance before dipping.
These pumpkin Oreo cookie balls need to be stored in the refrigerator because of the cream cheese used with the Oreo cookie crumb. Store the balls in an airtight container and then store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Yes, they can be frozen. Add the Oreo Balls to a baking tray and freeze individually. Then store in a freezer-safe plastic bag or airtight container. They will last up to three months frozen. When you want to enjoy one of them, take them out of the freezer and leave on the countertop to thaw before eating them.
Pumpkin Oreo Balls
- 36 Golden Oreo Cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 12 ounces orange candy melts
- 15 pretzel sticks broken in half
- 30 green M&M’s
- Place the Oreo cookies in a large bag and crush them with a rolling pin. You can also pulse them in a food processor for a few seconds36 Golden Oreo Cookies
- In a large bowl, add the crushed cookies and add the softened cream cheese and pumpkin spice and blend together until completely combined.8 ounces cream cheese, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Using a 1 ½ inch cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop the dough and roll into balls and place them on a large plate or cookie sheet.
- Place the rolled balls in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour.
- After chilling the oreo balls, place the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat for another 30 seconds and stir again if necessary.12 ounces orange candy melts
- Dip cookie balls in the melted candy to fully coated (tap on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate), then place them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Immediately press a pretzel stick into the top of the ball for the pumpkin stem and add a green M&M next to the pretzel for the leaf.15 pretzel sticks, 30 green M&M’s
- Return the balls to the refrigerator to chill for another 30 minutes or until the candy has hardened completely..
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected